Do you keep asking yourself “why is TikTok not showing my videos”? Are you dying to get your TikTok content out there but getting no viewership? You are not alone. Let us figure out how to solve this issue.
There can be multiple reasons for different users as to why TikTok is not showing their content. This can either be a fault or bug in the TikTok platform or something else on your mobile device that is causing this inconvenience.
This guide will help you figure the reasons behind your TikTok app not showing content on Android and iOS devices.
Why Are My Videos Not Showing Up On TikTok?
Occasionally, Tiktok servers slow down the rate of posting videos if there is too much load. This can result in no content being shown in your account. On the other hand, your device might be the root cause of it. Let’s find out which troubleshooting methods work best for you in this case.
Restart Your Phone And TikTok App
To begin with, we recommend this simple fix, which is closing the TikTok app on your Android and iOS device and restarting it again. However, before that, we suggest that you restart your mobile device first. When you do that, a new TikTok session will begin that can erase temporary bugs and background problems in the app.
Not only that, restarting the mobile phone and the TikTok app can result in fast app operation as a sluggish TikTok can often hide the videos in your account.
To do this on an Android Device:
- Press and hold the Android device power button to turn it off
- Press and hold the power button again to turn it on
- Launch the TikTok app after the phone restarts
On an iOS device:
- Press and hold the power button and use the slider to turn your iPhone off
- Wait for a few seconds and then press the power button again to turn your iPhone on
- Tap on the TikTok app and see if your videos are showing up
Check TikTok Server Status
If there is a problem with the TikTok servers, you might be the unfortunate one experiencing technical difficulties in your TikTok account. With so many people using TikTok nowadays, their servers may get overloaded occasionally. Therefore, it is best to check the TikTok server status to rule out this particular cause of your problem.
Websites like DownDetector show you the real-time status of the TikTok servers. You can view how many users are facing the same problem and which areas are most affected by the ongoing issue. If you find out that your videos are not showing up on your account due to the TikTok servers, there is not much you can do except to wait it out till the servers get back up and running again.
Check For Internet Stability
TikTok needs a stable internet connection so that you can use the app efficiently. A poor WIFI or mobile data connection robs you of certain TikTok features. Quite a few users reported that their videos have gone missing whenever there is something wrong with the internet connection.
Therefore, you need to rule out this cause. To check this:
- Make sure you have at least two WIFI status bars on your mobile screen
- Restart your router or contact your internet service provider to solve the slow or no speed issue
- Check if your mobile data shows 3G or H+ on your mobile device screen
- Switch between WIFI and mobile data to see which option works best for you
- Ensure that Airplane mode is not enabled on your phone
Why does nobody see my Tik Toks?
If you see no views and nobody is seeing your TikToks, you should try the following troubleshooting steps.
Make your TikTok videos Public
The first thing you should do is to make sure that your TikTok account is not private. To check this:
- Go to your TikTok profile
- Tap on the three-dotted button at the upper right corner of the screen
- Next, tap on Privacy & Safety
- Check if the “Private Account” option is enabled. If it is, disable it to make your TikTok account public
- Tap on Confirm
- Next, select the video that is showing to other users
- Tap on the three dots at the lower right corner of your screen
- Tap on Privacy Settings
- Now tap on “Who can view this video” and make sure that this option is not in private mode
Check for Updates
If there is a pending TikTok update on your mobile device, your videos can be held hidden and not shown to other users. To check for an update:
- Tap on Google Play Store on an Android phone and App Store on an iPhone
- Tap on your TikTok Profile icon at the top right corner of the screen
- Select Manage apps and device
- Locate the TikTok app and see if an Update option is available for it
- Download and install the TikTok update and see if that fixes the issue
Clear TikTok Cache
Sometimes, clearing TikTok cache data fixes the temporary bugs and delays. These bugs prevent your videos from being viewed by other TikTok users. To do this:
- Go to your mobile phone Settings and select Apps Management
- Scroll down and tap on TikTok
- Next, tap on Clear Data and then tap on Clear Cache
- Now launch TikTok and go into your profile
- Now tap on the three-dotted menu at the upper right corner of your screen
- Tap on Settings & Privacy
- Tap on Free up space
- Next, tap on Clear in front of the Cache option
- Hit Clear again to the “Clear cache” confirmation message
- Launch the TikTok app again and see if you have any views in the next few hours
Not being able to show your TikTok videos to other users can be infuriating and leave you searching for answers. We hope that this guide helped you troubleshoot the issue. However, if your viewers still can’t see your videos, you can contact TikTok support by going to the Feedback and Help section in the app to report your problem. Have a nice day!