Is your TikTok audio out of sync or have an audio delay problem? Are you experiencing a lag on your videos as well? In this article, we’ll explain the possible reasons and fixes for these issues.
With the TikTok app, you can post and show your creative work to the whole world. The TikTok short video format lets you explain a lot in a short amount of time. Furthermore, you can enjoy your videos from your favourite TikTok users.
However, if you experience audio and video lagging while playing any video, it causes frustration as you can not enjoy the TikTok content of other users. Let’s dig into the details about why it happens and how you can take care of the error.
Why Is My TikTok Lagging?
Following are the few reasons why your TikTok videos are lagging.
- Sometimes, videos on TikTok lags because of the junk files and caches build up in the app
- Your mobile device is unable to connect to the internet
- Slow internet speed results in TikTok video lagging problem
- TikTok app does not have proper permission to connect to the internet on your mobile device
- You are using an outdated version of the TikTok app
- TikTok app installation files are corrupted
How Do I Fix My TikTok Lag?
Most of the time, TikTok video lag is caused by the slow WIFI connection. Therefore, you should first restart your router or modem to fix the internet speed issue. If the video still lags on TikTok, you can resolve the error by doing the following troubleshooting steps.
Clear TikTok Cache
The TikTok cache bulks up as you watch a lot of videos continuously. Therefore, you can face video lagging and app crashing issues on your TikTok app. To fix this issue, you have to clear the TikTok app cache and data.
- Launch the TikTok app on your Android phone or iPhone
- Tap on the “Me” button to go to your profile
- Now tap on the three dots that are located on the top right corner of your screen and select Privacy & Settings
- Tap on the Clear cache button to solve the video lagging problem quickly
Restart Your Mobile Device
A quick and simple way to fix the video lagging problem on your phone is to simply restart it. A mobile device restart fixes the temporary bugs in the TikTok app that originates after using it for a long time.
Check Network Issues
Quite often, your network does not support the videos you are watching and cause lagging in your videos. To fix this and check your network issues:
- Turn off your mobile data and open the Settings menu on your mobile device
- Tap on the network and internet settings
- Tap on your mobile network and open its advanced settings
- Now select the access point names
- Tap on the three-dotted menu on the top right corner of your mobile screen
- Finally, tap on Reset to default
Afterwards, go back to your Home screen and enable mobile data again. Next, open a video on your TikTok app to see if resetting the network settings worked for you.
Speak to a TikTok specialist
If your Tiktok is still out of sync after trying our fixes messaging a Tiktok app specialist can help fix the audio issue instantly
Force Stop The TikTop App
A background process may cause the TikTok app to malfunction and cause the lag in the videos. Therefore, you may need to force stop the TikTok app. To do this:
- Go to the Settings menu of your phone and tap on App management
- Tap on the TikTok app from the app list
- Tap on the Force Stop option
- If you have an iPhone, open the App Switcher and swipe it left, right, up, or down to force close it
- Now launch TikTok again and verify that the video lagging issue is gone
How Do I Fix TikTok Out of Sync Audio?
If your TikTok videos are playing with a lag in audio, you can do the following steps to fix the error.
Update TikTok App
One way to fix the out of sync audio error on the TikTok app is to update it to its latest version. To do this:
- Open Google Play Store on Android phone or App Store on the iPhone
- Search for the TikTok app and use the update option
- Alternatively, go to the updates section of the Google Play Store or App store and see if an update is available for the TikTok app
Reinstall TikTok App
Sometimes, the TikTok installation files on your mobile phone get corrupted and cause the audio on the Tiktok to be out of sync. Therefore, you may need to reinstall TikTok again to overcome this issue.
- Go to the Settings of your mobile phone and tap on Apps Management
- Tap on the TikTok app and choose Uninstall
- Head over to the Google Play Store or App Store and search for the TikTok app
- Install the TikTok app and launch it on your phone
- Verify that your audio is synced with the video on TikTok
Check TikTok App Permission
If your TikTok app is not permitted to access WIFI or mobile data, your TikTok app can adopt a lag on video sound. To check for the TikTok app permission:
- Go to the Settings of your mobile phone
- Tap on Apps or Apps management
- Select the TikTok app and tap on permissions
- Makes sure that TikTok is allowed for WIFI and mobile data connections
How Do You Sync Audio on TikTok?
If you want to upload multiple videos and photos with TikTok auto-sync feature, you can do this in the following way.
- Use your phone to record multiple video clips
- Tap on the Multiple options at the bottom to select your media from the gallery
- Next, tap on the auto-sync button to sync the audio across the media
- When done, tap on next to add text, stickers, sounds, and effects on the preview screen
- Tap Next again to proceed to the Post screen
Video lag and out of sync audio can take the joy out of watching TikTok videos. These problems happen due to TikTok app issues, mobile device issues, or internet service issues. Therefore, we suggest that you inspect all these trouble areas to fix the problem yourself. Keep enjoying your favourite TikTok videos!