Are you wondering “why is my TikTok camera lagging” while trying to make and upload fun videos? Does your TikTok app crash as well? This article will help find a way to fix the camera lagging issue on Android and iOS devices.
TikTok is a great app for making creative content. You can deliver an inspirational message to your audience in a fun way using the short video format. However, if your camera lags while making the TikTok video, the creativity is already gone out of the window.
You can’t afford to lose your subscribers on TikTok by this issue. That is why we are here with few fixes that can resolve the lagging camera problem.
Why Is My Camera Lagging?
If you are experiencing camera lagging issues on TikTok, it could be due to the following reasons.
TikTok App Issues
Sometimes the camera lags on the TikTok due to technical issues with the app. TikTok app cache can bulk up due to junk data stored in it. You can easily overcome this issue by clearing the cache and data of the app and updating it as well.
Quite often, the TikTok camera lags due to network problems or internet issues in your area. Prolonged mobile data connections and WIFI signal issues can give rise to such errors. To resolve the internet connectivity issues, you can disconnect and connect mobile data on your phone and restart your router for WIFI signal problems.
Mobile Device Issues
A lot of times, the camera on the TikTok app might lag due to issues going on with your mobile device. In this case, you may need to upgrade your phone’s software and restart it to clear temporary caches.
How To Fix TikTok Camera Lagging?
You can fix the TikTok camera lagging issue by the following troubleshooting steps.
Clear TikTok Cache
A lot of users face camera lagging and TikTok out of sync audio issues due to watching so many videos. As a result, TikTok stockpile more caches that are stored in your mobile device. Therefore, you need to clear the cache so that TikTok can work properly on your phone. To do this:
- Open your TikTok app and tap on the “Me” icon
- Next, go to your profile and tap on the three dots to open TikTok options
- Choose Clear Cache from the options
- Launch the TikTop app again and see if that fixes the camera lagging issue
Update TikTok App
TikTok regularly updates its app to fix bugs and errors. Therefore, make sure that you use the updated TikTok app version as it already may have the fix for the camera lagging issue. To update your TikTok app:
- Open Google Play Store on your Android phone or App Store on your iOS device
- Search the TikTop app on the search bar
- Hit the update button if it is shown beneath the TikTok app
- Open the TikTok app and hopefully, the camera lagging problem will be fixed
Fix Mobile Network Issue
To fix the mobile data connectivity issues to overcome the TikTok camera lagging issue:
- Open Settings on your iPhone or Android phone
- Navigate to SIM card $ Mobile Data
- Select your mobile data-enabled SIM and then tap on Access Point Names
- Tap on the two or three dots on the upper right side of the screen
- Tap on Reset Access Points
- Now restart your mobile phone open the TikTok app
Reboot Your Router Or Modem
Quite a few TikTok users want to make fun videos inside their homes or offices by using a WIFI network. A slow or malfunctioning WIFI network can surely cause a lot of lag issues on the TikTok app. Therefore, you need to make sure that the WIFI signal strength and speed are optimal.
To do this, restart your router or modem by unplugging its power cable from the main power outlet. Wait for 3 minutes and then plug the power cable back into the main power outlet. Wait for a few more minutes and connect your phone to the WIFI network. Now you’ll witness that there are no lags on your TikTok app.
How Do I Make My TikTok Camera Better Quality?
No one wants to upload blurry videos on TikTok. To make high-quality TikTok videos, use the fixes in this guide and follow these steps as well.
- Record with the rear camera rather than the front-facing camera
- Go to your TikTok profile and disable the data saver feature from the Settings and Privacy menu
- Restart your mobile phone and clear TikTok cache before making a TikTok video
TikTok is all about creativity to get your message out and earn more followers. Substandard content due to the camera lagging issue has a repelling effect on the people who are watching your videos. We hope that this guide helped you fix this problem and got you back on the road to make fun videos for your TikTok subscribers.