Whether you want to avoid watching disturbing content or save your mobile data, knowing how to turn off autoplay TikTok can come in handy. Tiktok is an engaging app, and sometimes because of autoplay, you end up watching content that is either a waste of time or not at all pleasant. But by disabling the autoplay function, you can use the app without worrying.
TikTok is home to short and entertaining videos. The app allows users to share short 15-second long witty videos. Users like the app because the videos are less than a minute, making it an excellent way to pass the time during lunch break. It is the platform commonly used by youngsters who want to promote their singing, dancing, and lip-syncing talents.
However, the constant scrolling can drain your mobile data, not to mention if suddenly a weird video pops up, it can be embarrassing. In this guide, you will learn how to turn off autoplay TikTok and only watch the content you want to.
Can TikTok Automatically Play the Next Video?
TikTok is an engaging app offering entertainment content via short videos. This is also why the app is so popular, as users get to watch multiple videos without spending a lot of time on the screen.
It would have been very convenient if TikTok had an autoplay feature. But despite having various user-friendly features, TikTok does not have any feature that will automatically play the next video. However, various third-party apps provide this service. If you want that while scrolling on TikTok, the following video automatically pops up, you can either install a third-party app or use ‘voice command’ to scroll.
Automatically Play the Next Video on TikTok on iOS Device
To automatically scroll TikTok videos on iPhone, you can enable the voice control feature. In this way, you can set up a voice command which will automatically load the following video. Here’s how to scroll through TikTok hands-free on iOS devices :
- Go to ‘Settings’ and tap “Accessibility”. Select the ‘Voice Control’ option.
- Click on ‘Set up voice control’ to enable the voice control function. But if you have already enabled this function, click to ‘turn on the Voice Control’.
- Once you have set up the voice control. Click on ‘Customize Commands’ and select ‘Create New Command’.
- A phrase box will appear where you can enter a phrase that will perform a particular action of your choice. Here to enable autoplay, you can select a phrase like ‘next’.
- Click on ‘Action and then on ‘Run custom gesture’.
- A screen will appear in front of you. Swipe up and press the ‘Save’ button.
- Now select ‘Application’ and click on ‘TikTok’. Try using the function now.
And you are done. Once you say ‘next’ while using TikTok, the app will automatically scroll down to the next video with this function.
Automatically Play the Next Video on TikTok on Android Device
Android devices do not have a similar voice control feature like iOs devices. But this does not mean at all that you can not scroll TikTok hands-free. It is possible in Android devices but requires an extra workaround. Follow the steps below to learn how to automatically play the next video on TikTok on your Android device without using your hands:
- Open the Play Store and install the ‘Google’s Voice Access App’ from the play store.
- Now go to ‘Settings’ and click on ‘Accessibility.’
- Look for ‘Voice Access app’ and click on ‘Use service to enable Voice Access’.
- On clicking, a permission box will appear. Click to ‘grant permissions’ to the ‘Voice Access app’.
- Now tap on ‘Continue’ to proceed to the settings and click on ‘Finish’ to finalize your setup options.
- Once you are done, a blue floating icon will appear on your device’s screen.
- To activate ‘voice Access’, click on the blue floating icon. That is it, and your Voice command is all set.
- To test, open TikTok and try saying “scroll down” or any other word you set up as a voice command rather than using your hands to scroll.
Doing this will help you automatically scroll to the next video. Thanks to this trick, you can now scroll hands-free and multitask. Although to achieve this feature, you have to do a lot of workarounds. We do hope that TikTok will add this feature to the app. Doing so will simplify scrolling, and users will not have to go through this hassle.
Downloading Third-Party Apps
If only TikTk had an autoplay feature, scrolling would have become easier and faster. But still no need to worry. You can download an app designed for this purpose. To do this:
- Depending upon your device’s operating system, go to the google app store or iPhone app store. Search for ‘TikTok autoplay apps’
- Select an app with the highest reviews.
- Install the app.
- And follow the instructions.
Now you can automatically load the next video on TikTok.
Can You Stop TikTok Autoplay?
TikTok is a great app for entertainment, especially when you want to divert your mind for a bit without wasting a lot of time. Just scrolling through a few funny videos on TikTok is always fun. However, it is not fun if you are in the office and TikTok automatically scrolls to an inappropriate video or while multitasking, the autoplay feature plays a disturbing video. This is why there has been a move towards viewers demanding options to turn off autoplay TikTok videos.
Like a few years back, many TikTok users were extremely disturbed when a video of suicide suddenly popped up. Such content is always depressing and should be monitored. But even if you end up glimpsing for a second, it can still leave you traumatized.
However, you can control the content you want to watch. To do this, you have to turn off the autoplay TikTok feature. Originally there was no built-in ‘autoplay feature’ on TikTok. So if you want to turn off this feature, then follow the following steps:
- If you have downloaded a third-party app to access autoplay, uninstall that app.
- As iOS devices have a ‘Voice Control’ feature, then disable that option.
- Or if you downloaded a voice control app for ‘Android’ then disable its function with TikTok.
By following these steps, you can quickly turn off the autoplay TikTok feature and take control of the content you want to watch.
TikTok is a fantastic app when it comes to free entertainment. And the eBay part is that you are relieved that you are not wasting a lot of time because the videos are shorter than a minute. Hopefully, by now, you know how to turn off the autoplay TikTok feature since it can get annoying sometimes.
Since TikTok has users worldwide, sometimes the server may go down. A few errors are bound to happen in such scenarios and are acceptable. But if TikTok continues to glitch, then contact TikTok support.