Is your Vodafone mobile data not working on your handsets? Do you have an iPhone or Android phone with the Vodafone SIM card and you can’t use the internet on them? Don’t worry, this article will help you find the answers that you need to fix all the mobile data issues.
Vodafone offers great mobile data service to its subscribers with 4g technology for improved internet speeds. We’ve found that the average Vodafone 4g download speed is better than its competitors.
Without mobile data enabled on your mobile phone, the world is out of your reach and you don’t need this to happen. However, mobile data does not always provide you with uninterrupted data connectivity all the time. Therefore, you may run into some issues and errors that can restrict your access to the internet on your mobile devices.
Why Is My Vodafone Mobile Data Not Working?
When using your iPhone or Android phone, you may have noticed that you don’t have any Vodafone data connectivity. Sometimes, even though you are connected to the Vodafone mobile data, the internet speed is too slow to perform any task on your mobile phone.
Let’s take a look at a few of the reasons why your Vodafone mobile data is not working on your mobile devices.
- Your area is experiencing Vodafone mobile data internet outage
- The network settings on your mobile phone are incorrect
- Vodafone Secure Net software is enabled on your mobile phone
- The APN configurations on your mobile phone are incorrect
- You have turned on the data saver mode on your mobile device
- Something is wrong with the hardware or software of your mobile phone
- You have not paid the Vodafone bill on time
How Do I Get My Mobile Data To Work On Vodafone?
To get your mobile data to work on your Vodafone, you can do the following fixes.
Disable Data Saver Mode
If you are continuously using Vodafone mobile data on your mobile phone, you may have set the daily mobile data limit to a minimum value. To fix this:
- Go to your mobile phone Settings
- Tap on Mobile Data and then tap on Data usage
- Turn off the Data Saving or Data Saver mode
Check SIM Card Settings
If you are using a dual SIM handset, your mobile phone mobile data settings might have been configured for the wrong slot. To fix this issue:
- Go to your mobile device settings –> SIM card and mobile data –> Mobile Data
- Select the Vodafone SIM as default for mobile data
- Verify that your Vodafone mobile data is working
Vodafone Network Outage
It is a possibility that you have a Vodafone network outage in your area. In this case, you have to wait for the mobile data issue to be fixed when the Vodafone service is back online or you can contact Vodafone support for further queries. Furthermore, you can visit here to confirm the Vodafone network outage in your area.
Turn Off Vodafone Secure Net
Vodafone Secure Net is an internet security software and may have come with your mobile data plan. If the Vodafone Secure Net service is turned on, it may block you from downloading apps and browsing different websites as it is designed to protect you from malware, viruses, or phishing scams.
However, if your Vodafone mobile data is not working due to the Secure Net software, you can turn it off or remove it by the following methods.
- Contact Vodafone customer support
- Use the cancel link in the Vodafone text message when you activated the Secure Net software
- Use your Vodafone app to remove Secure Net under the Mobile data category
- Go to the Vodafone Secure Net portal to turn it off
Why Is My Mobile Data not working?
Your mobile data might not be working on your mobile phone due to the following reasons.
- If you have a dual SIM phone, you have put the SIM card in the wrong slot for mobile data
- You have not selected the fastest data option in the network type
- Data roaming for International users option is not enabled
- You are using the mobile data saver mode
- Your mobile phone network settings are not updated
- You have exhausted your plan limits
What To Do If Mobile Data Is On But Not Working?
Sometimes, your mobile data is on but your internet is not working. You can take the help of the following troubleshooting steps to fix this issue.
Choose The Fastest Data Option
First, check which data symbol is displayed on your mobile phone. It can either be 2G only, 3G/2G, or 4G/3G/2G auto. Go to your SIM and mobile data settings and choose the fastest 4G/3G/2G auto option to get your internet back.
Exhausted plan Limit
Quite often, when you have exhausted your mobile data plan limit, you may see that your mobile data is on but it is not working. Therefore, you need to top up to enjoy uninterrupted mobile data.
Reinsert Your SIM
SIM cards can get displaced inside the slot. A lot of mobile users fix their mobile data issues simply by taking the SIM card out of the slot and putting it back in again. Maybe a simple fix like this can work in your favour.
Now that you know the common reasons and a few fixes for mobile data issues, now let’s see how to fix Vodafone mobile data issues individually on iPhone and Android phones.
Vodafone Mobile Data Not Working On iPhone
If you have an iPhone and your Vodafone mobile data is not working on it, use the following fixes to resolve the issue.
Check For Vodafone Network Coverage
To do this fix, you need to be in the area where Vodafone offers its 4g mobile data services. Afterwards, do the following steps.
- Go to your iPhone Settings
- Go to Mobile Data or Mobile Network
- Tap on Data Options and then tap on Data Roaming
- Enable data for roaming for international usage
Update iPhone Network Settings
If you have pending updates for your iPhone network settings, you can experience that your Vodafone mobile data is not working. To do this:
- Open your iPhone Settings
- Go to General –> Info
- Wait for a few seconds to see if an update is available
- Next, apply the update
- Connect to the Vodafone mobile data and verify the fix
Reset iPhone Network Settings
If the above-mentioned troubleshooting steps fail to solve Vodafone mobile data issues on your iPhone, you can reset the network settings to see if that works. To do this:
- Go to your iPhone Settings
- Tap on General and then tap on Reset
- Next, tap on Reset Network Settings
- Wait for some time to let the reset process complete
- Now restart your iPhone and verify that your Vodafone mobile data is working
Sometimes, if your iPhone software is outdated, it can cause the mobile data to not work properly. Therefore, you need to update your iPhone.
- Go to your iPhone settings and then tap on General
- Tap on Software update
- If an update is available, install it and confirm that the mobile data is working again
Vodafone Mobile Data Not Working On Android
If Vodafone mobile data is not working on your Android phone, first disable the flight or Aeroplane mode. If the issue persists, you can do the following troubleshooting steps.
Restart Your Android Phone
Most of the Vodafone mobile data users fix their issues with a simple Android device restart. To do this, use the power button on your phone to shut it off, wait for a few minutes, and restart the phone again to see if that fixes the problem.
Switch Internet Networks
You can switch your mobile data to WIFI and then again on mobile data to fix the problem.
- Go to your Android mobile settings and tap on SIM card & Mobile data
- Turn off the Mobile data under General Settings
- Go to your Android phone settings again and turn on your WIFI
- Next, turn off WIFI and turn on your Vodafone mobile data again
Verify Correct APN Settings
If you have mobile data issues on your Vodafone SIM card, you can check the APN settings on your mobile device for correct configuration. To do this:
- Go to the mobile Settings and then tap on Mobile Networks
- Select SIM–> Access Point Names
- Verify that the wap.vodafone.co.uk shows beside the APN, MMS port is set to 8799, APN type is internet + MMS, and MMS proxy is set to 220.127.116.11
Select Preferred Network to Automatic
For the next fix, you can set your Android phone to connect to Vodafone 4g as the Preferred Network automatically. To do this
- Go to your Android phone Settings
- Next, go to SIM and Mobile Data
- Select Vodafone enabled SIM and confirm that the Preferred Network Type is set to Automatic
Hopefully, this article covered all the steps that you need to fix the Vodafone mobile data issues yourself. However, if you still face this problem, visit a good mobile repair shop so that they can check if something is wrong with your mobile phone hardware or software. Good Luck!