How do I connect my Steam to my Twitch?
- Go to the Twitch TV website and click on Signup to create an account if you don’t have one
- Once the Twitch account is created, log in to the twitch website
- Click on the Connections to access the Twitch connection settings page
- Click the Connect button next to Steam
- Next, Twitch will automatically redirect you to the Steam login page
- Log in to Steam with your credentials to complete the linking process
Now when you watch a Twitch stream and receive an item drop, it will be in your inventory when you load the game next time on your Steam account.
How do you fix that Twitch account is already linked to a Steam account?
Sometimes, Twitch won’t connect to Steam and gamers get an error message on their screens that “Twitch account is already linked to a Steam account”. This usually happens when you type in your Steam account login details on the Twitch connections page that is, by mistake, already associated with your Twitch account.
To fix this error, you have to unlink the existing connection between the two accounts. To do this:
- Log in to your account via Twitch website
- Navigate to the Connections page
- Click on the Disconnect button next to the Steam option
- Now click on Connect button next to the Steam logo and enter the login details of a new Steam account that is not previously linked with Twitch
Why I see a callback error when linking your Steam to Twitch
Quite a few users see a callback error when they try to link their Steam accounts with their Twitch accounts. You can fix this error by trying the following troubleshooting steps.
Refresh Twitch web page
The callback error shows up on the Connections page under Twitch settings. Sometimes, you need to initiate a new session on the Twitch website to fix the error. To do this:
- Log out of your Twitch account and then log back in
- Head to the Connections page and click on Connect button next to the Steam logo
- If the error persists, refresh the Connections page multiple times until Twitch redirects you to the Steam login page
Clear browser cookies
Most of the gamers experience callback errors on the Chrome browser. This can be due to the web cookies gathering junk data, previous settings, activities, and information for Twitch linked accounts. Therefore, you may need to clear chrome browser cookies to fix the error. To do this:
- Launch Chrome and click on the three dots on the upper right corner of your screen
- Navigate to More tools –> Clear browsing data
- To make this fix work, select All Time from the Time range and make sure that all the other three boxes are checked
- Finally, click on Clear data and restart the Chrome browser.
Use another browser
You can avail yourself a lot from interlinking Steam broadcast to the Twitch e-hub. However, connectivity and callback errors while interlink these two platforms can cause great frustration for the users. Hopefully, this guide helped you on finding the right answer to why Twitch won’t connect to Steam. Have a nice day!