Are you trying to watch TikTok videos that aren’t playing? Whether you’re trying to watch them on your phone, via a web browser, or as a download, the video not playing isn’t ideal. With this being said, finding a fix for this issue has never been easier! As here at Easy Fix Pro, we’ve rounded up the best troubleshooting tips and tricks; to make your TikTok videos play again.
How do I fix TikTok videos not playing?
When trying to watch videos on TikTok, videos not playing is inconvenient, to say the least. We have compiled a list of different solutions for you to try; regardless of the device type, it’s worth trying each one.
Note: It is also worth checking Down Checker to see if there are any known problems with TikTok before reaching out to their support team.
Solution 1 – Redownload the app
The first troubleshooting technique we’d advise trying is to delete the app from your phone completely. To do this, please turn off your phone, switch it back on and then download it again.
If this fails to change anything, and you still cannot do anything on TikTok, move on to the next steps.
Solution 2 – Reboot your router
If you’re unsure whether your connection is the problem or whether the app has the problem, it’s worth switching it to mobile data if you’re using a phone. However, if you are using a device that requires the internet, the best option you have is to reboot your router.
To do this, head to your router, turn off the switch at the socket, allow 30-60 seconds, and then switch it back on. It may take a short wait for it to be up and running again.
Solution 3 – Clear your cache
Suppose you are using a phone to try to access TikTok attempt to clear your cache. This is due to any old data which might be saved. Users have reported this being an issue, especially with iPhones. If you’re unsure of how to clear your cache on an iPhone, please follow the steps below.
Clearing cache on iPhone
On an iPhone, clearing your cache is called offloading. Therefore to remove this data, you need to offload the app.
- Open the Settings app
- Select General, then iPhone storage
- Next, choose the app you want to offload, and then click offload the app.
- If you’re looking to delete the app and reinstall it, you can also do this here.
Solution 4 – Allow Permissions
If you decline certain permissions for apps on your phone, this may impact the way they work. Although this shouldn’t be an issue when it comes to watching videos, it’s best to check what settings are enabled for this app. Go to your settings, find TikTok and turn on any settings that may be affecting the app from loading.
Solution 5 – Turn on background data.
This tends to be a solution that is overlooked, that is, turning on your background data. If you’re unsure how to do this, please follow our tips below:
- Go to your settings app on your device
- Next, choose apps and find the app you’re looking for – TikTok, click on it.
- You will see an option about data usage, tap this and turn on the background data option
Why are my TikTok videos not playing on web browser
If you don’t use TikTok on the app but use it on a web browser instead, it is a possibility that your cache data is corrupted. Therefore it needs removing. But if you are unsure of how to remove your cache on Chrome, here’s how you proceed:
- Click the three dots in the righthand corner of your Chrome browser
- Next, look for more tools followed by clear browsing data
- There is a choice to delete via date range, or you can select to remove all data
- Tick these boxes next to ‘cookies and other site data’ and ‘cached images and files‘.
- Finally, click precise data and reboot your web page.
TikTok videos not downloading
Sometimes TikToks need to be downloaded to show those who aren’t on the app or to save for a later date. However, why is it sometimes you can’t keep a TikTok? This may mean that the creator has blocked downloads from their account. Meaning those who want to download their videos are unable to do so. Unfortunately, there isn’t a way around it.
TikTok videos not playing in messenger
If you’re trying to watch TikTok videos in messenger and they’re not playing, there are some reasons why which may be helpful for you to work out whether the error is with you or TikTok:
- Check your network connection – reboot if it’s not working
- Switch between mobile data and wifi to see if this makes a difference
- Find out if Facebook is down as this impacts messenger
If you’re having issues watching TikTok videos, be sure to follow the instructions above to find out if your device is the issue. If you have any further questions, please contact us, as we’d love to help further.