Are you experiencing trouble with your TikTok app where it is not recording your sound when you are Dueting? Or is your Mic not working properly or does not even show up on the app itself? Stick with this guide as it can help you solve these issues with quick and easy steps.
TikTok is a universal platform for you to create, share, and view short videos. The TikTok Duet feature allows you to record your own video alongside another user’s video as it plays. You can enable or disable the Duet option from all your videos or you can toggle the Duet option for each video you upload.
However, a lot of TikTok users have been lodging complaints about their Duet not working and they can not record their voices, or enable microphone access on TikTok as well.
Why Is TikTok Not Recording My Voice?
TikTok not recording the voice on a Duet video is the most common problem that is going on with this app these days and can happen for a multitude of reasons. These reasons can be:
- Not using the updated version of the TikTok app
- Denying permission to use your microphone for the TikTop app
- Corrupted TikTok app
- Internet connectivity issues
- TikTok app cache needs clearing
How Do I Fix The Sound On My TikTok?
It can be frustrating to try to make fun and ingenious TikTok videos if you can’t put sound in them. Let’s find out some of the easiest fixes to get your TikTok app back to working in a normal way.
Restart your Smartphone
Restarting your smartphone solves minor software issues and bugs that might be preventing you from recording sound in your TikTok app. To restart, use the power off button on your Android phone and press the side button and one of the volume controls to power off your iPhone.
Check Your Internet Connectivity Issues
Whenever you want to record sound on your TikTok, especially on the Duet, the app needs a stable internet connection to work properly.
If you are using the app over a WIFI connection and are experiencing sound recording problems, try to switch to cellular data to see if that fixes the issue. You can also switch to a WIFI connection if your TikTok app is causing trouble with cellular data.
Update Your TikTok App
If you are using an older version of the TikTok app, you might run into some issues as your microphone may not show up in your app’s Duet feature. Therefore, you need to update to the current TikTok version. To do this:
- Tap on Google Play or App Store on your smartphone
- Tap on the Updates tab (If your TikTok require updates, it will show under that tab)
- Hit the update button
- Restart your Android phone or iPhone
- Launch Tiktok and verify that you can record your voice
Clear TikTok App Cache
If you still can’t record your sound, the next fix is to clear your TikTok app cache from your Android smartphone or iPhone. To do this on an Android phone:
- Go to the Phone Settings
- Tap on the App Manager or the Apps
- Scroll down and tap on TikTok
- Hit Clear Cache and Clear Data button one by one
- Launch the TikTok app and verify the fix
For an iPhone:
- Navigate to iPhone Settings
- Tap on the “General” and then select iPhone Storage
- Scroll down to the TikTok app to access TikTok’s Settings
- Tap on the Offload App to clear all data from the TikTok app (This process uninstalls your TikTok app but your data is saved)
- Head over to the App Store and install the TikTok app again
- Launch the app and see if you can record your voice
Uninstall and Install Your TikTok App
If all of the above fixes fail, you can quickly fix your TikTok sound recording issues by simply uninstalling and installing the app. For this, access your Android Settings and delete the TikTok app under the App Manager.
You can delete the TikTok app on iPhone by going to the app settings under iPhone Settings and locate the TikTok app under General –> iPhone Storage. Now, instead of the Offload App option, choose the Delete App option to completely uninstall TikTok.
Afterwards, head over to Google Play or Apple Store to do a fresh TikTok install and see if your sound is recording while Dueting.
Duet not recording sound
If you are having a lot of problems recording your voice on the Duet, you can use the React feature instead. The React feature works the same as the Duet. To use the React option:
- Launch TikTok and find a video that you would want to react to
- Select the Share arrow and then select React
- Next, record your video and verify that you have no issue accessing your microphone and recording your sound
React is a cool feature. However, React videos have a different format that can cause audio overlapping and video quality issues. Therefore, it is best to get your Duet feature working again for voice recording for quality based content.
How To Enable Microphone Access on TikTok 2021
Sometimes, when you are recording videos and experience no sound, it can be because your microphone is disabled for your TikTok app. To enable microphone access on your TikTok app for Android phones:
- Open your Android phone Settings
- Tap on App Manager, Apps, or Manage apps
- Scroll down and Tap on the TikTok app
- Tap on Permissions and then select Microphone
- Choose the Allow option to enable microphone access
For an iPhone:
- Open iPhone Settings
- Locate TikTok App
- Lastly, allow microphone access by swiping the bar from white to green
We hope that this guide provided easy solutions that fixed your TikTok not recording sound issues on your videos. However, if you are still troubled by the same annoyance, you can always contact TikTok customer support directly or follow their support page for further guidance.