Are you getting a TikTok error that says that you are not eligible when you sign up for an account? Do you know why you are getting the error message”? In this article, you will learn how to fix the not eligible error on Tiktok with easy and simple steps.
Tiktok is used by millions of people around the globe. Every day, a lot of entertaining videos are shared on the TikTok app. You want to be a part of it as well.
However, quite a few users reported that while signing up for an account, TikTok blocked them by displaying a “Not Eligible” error. Let’s make a TikTok account together so that you can access all TikTok features.
Why Does It Say You’re Not Eligible For TikTok
Most of the time, you’ll get a “Not eligible” error on TikTok because you have entered the wrong age on the signup page.
There is an age limit to join TikTok. If you are 13 years or older, you are eligible to sign up for a TikTok account. It may not sound fair to the guys and girls younger than 13 years but TikTok has an age limit for security purposes.
Therefore, if you try to signup if you are under 13 years, you’ll get the error “Sorry, looks like you’re not eligible for TikTok… but thanks for checking us out!”.
How Do I Fix Not Eligible For TikTok?
The first thing you can do to fix the “Not Eligible” error on TikTok is to clear the app cache and then try to sign up with the correct age limit. If you still get the error, try reinstalling the TikTok app and use new login credentials with the age limit set by TikTok.
However, this fix doesn’t work quite often. Therefore, you need to do the following steps to get rid of the error message.
Use TikTok Website to Sign Up For An Account
To bypass the “Not Eligible” error, you need to go to the TikTok website to sign up for an account. You may have selected an age that is not eligible to create a TikTok account on the TikTok app. However, you probably haven’t made this mistake on the TikTok website yet.
You need to make sure that you enter the date of birth that makes you eligible to sign up on the TikTok website. Otherwise, you’ll be getting the same TikTok app error message on the website as well.
To do this, first, you have to completely uninstall the TikTok app from your mobile device. Afterwards, do the following steps.
- Open up your browser on your mobile device or a desktop and enter the TikTok website address on the URL address bar.
- You’ll see the “Log in” option located in the upper right corner of your screen. Click on it.
- A new pop up screen will appear that will show you to log in to your TikTok account through Facebook, Google, Twitter, Apple, Instagram, or phone/email/username.
- As you need to make a new account, click on the Sign Up option located at the bottom of the page and next to the “Don’t have an account” message.
- On the next screen, select the “Use phone or email option”
- The next step is the most important one to get rid of the “Not Eligible” TikTok error. Make sure to enter the eligible date of birth that is 13 years or older (e.g. 5 February 2005).
- Next, select either your email address or phone number to verify your new account.
- Enter the PIN code that you’ll receive on your mobile phone or email address and click on Next.
- Create a strong password and pass the TikTok human verification process.
Install TikTok App
Once you are done signing up on the TikTok website, the next thing you need to do is to download and install the TikTok app on your mobile device. To do this:
- Open Google Play Store on an Android phone or App store on an iPhone
- Search for the TikTok app
- Click the Install button next to the TikTok app and wait for the process to complete
- Launch the TikTok app and use your login credentials from the TikTok website
- Verify that you don’t get a “Not Eligible” error on your TikTok app
Why Can’t TikTok Be Used Without Account?
Yes, you can view videos on the TikTok app and the TikTok website without opting to sign up for an account. All you have to do is to install the Tiktok app on your mobile phone and start watching videos. But, you can not like, comment, share, or follow people without an account.
Furthermore, you can’t see live videos posted by other TikTok users or post your videos without having a TikTok account. However, you can search for videos, usernames, or hashtags on the TikTok website and app.
You need to make sure to sign up with TikTok with the eligible age otherwise you won’t be able to create an account and use the TikTok app features other than watching videos.
What Age Is Eligible For TikTok?
According to TikTok, the app is eligible for those users who are 13 years or older. If your current age is under the required age to join TikTok, you may have to wait for a few years until you are 13 years old.
Users under 13 years attempting to sign up for a TikTok account get a TikTok “Not Eligible” error. TikTok has mentioned “13 years old or over” five times under their terms of service.
You may find that TikTok has further restricted the age limit to 16 years in some countries. You can’t do anything about it as some user-generated Tikok content is not often suitable for children.
Most of the apps on the Google Play Store or App store require you to be at least 13 years old. It is the same with the TikTok app. We hope that this guide helped you with an easy fix for the “Not Eligible” error. Remember to type in the eligible age while signing up for a TikTok account on the website and clear the TikTok app cache. Keep TikToking! If you have any other problems with TikTok be sure to visit us again we have plenty of articles to help fix some of the issues you may be facing