Unable to stream online media as your Sky Q Box is not connecting to the WiFi? Here’s everything you can do to fix it.
The whole internet connectivity scenario in Sky Q Boxes is the most significant upgrade that the Sky industry has brought to its users. Individuals can watch live TV, stream radio channels and do much more with their Sky Q Box. But what if the device fails to connect itself up to the WiFi all of a sudden? Indeed, not a pleasant situation to be in. Luckily there are simple solutions to have the connectivity issue fixed right away.
- Everything You Need to Know About Fixing the HBO Max Error Code 420
- Sky Box Keeps Saying No Listings Available: Here’s How to Fix it
How to Fix Sky Q Box Not Connecting to WiFi
#Fix 1: Restart Your WiFi Router
If you’re having travel connecting your Sky Q Box to the WiFi, the very first thing you can do is a quick restart.
- Turn off the switch that powers up your internet router
- Wait for few moments
- Turn the router back on and check if the Sky Q Box connects this time
#Fix 2: Resetting Your Internet Router
- Turn off all the switches that connect to the router
- Unplug the router from the power outlet.
- Wait for 30 to 40 seconds.
- Plug the power cable back to the outlet and turn on the switch
- Allow the device to get up and running
- Once it turns on, try connecting the Sky Q box to the wireless internet.
#Fix 3: Restart your Sky Q Box
- At first, tap the standby button on your remote and wait for the device to turn off.
- Once done, turn off the TV and respective connection switches at the power outlet.
- Allow a few minutes before turning everything back on.
#Fix 4: Resetting your Sky Q Box’s Network
- Press the home button on your Sky Q remote
- Navigate to “Settings”
- Under “Settings,” find and tap the option that says “Setup.”
- Once done, select “Network.”
- After that, you’ll have the option to “Reset,” click on that and choose “Confirm.”
As soon as you click “Confirm,” the device will run through a process and come up with connectivity options. Choose the “Connect to Sky Broadband WiFi” option if you own the broadband subscription from Sky or continue with the other suitable alternative.
Hopefully, you’ll be able to connect your device to the WiFi; if not, move to the next fix.
#Fix 5: Factory Resetting Your Sky Q Box
- Firstly, press the home button available on the Sky Q remote.
- Search for “Settings” and enter “001.”
- After that, press “Select.”
- Pressing the “Select” option will bring up the factory reset option. Now click on the “Reset” and then the “Factory Reset” option.
- All you need to do is press the “Standby” button and wait until the procedure is complete.
- Finally, set everything up and connect your device to the WiFi connection.
These are the top 5 solutions to fix the connectivity issue in your Sky Q Box. Although a quick restart will help you resolve the problem most of the time, you might also need to factory reset your Sky Q box entirely under some situations. Let us know which fix made you connect the Sky Q box to the WI-Fi again.