Reddit app not working on iPhone is nothing new to Reddit users, and the problem occurs from time to time. For reasons nobody knows, the Reddit app randomly gets stuck loading comments, posts, videos, GIFs, NSFW, and subreddits.
Sometimes, the Reddit app stops loading on iPhone and displays try again later or can’t reach errors. And recently, a few users go into the Reddit app, and the screen starts blinking while some other users are experiencing a blank white or black screen before or after signing in to their Reddit accounts.
So if you’re one of the users scratching your head, “why is my Reddit app not working on my iPhone” this guide will show you some quick and easy troubleshooting steps to fix the issue on hand.
Why is Reddit app not working on my iPhone?
If the Reddit app is not working on your iPhone, it could be due to the following reasons.
- Reddit app does not have the necessary permission in your iPhone settings.
- DNS settings are slowing the performance of the app resulting in errors.
- Your ISP is blocking a resource of the Reddit app.
- You are using the Beta version of the Reddit app.
- Reddit app installation files are corrupt, and a fresh install is needed.
How do I fix Reddit app not working on iPhone?
You can fix the Reddit app not working issue on your iPhone by applying the following troubleshooting steps.
Configure Reddit permissions
Wrong app permissions can result in Reddit loading errors. A few users on the Reddit community suggest that throwing few permissions to the Reddit app can fix many issues. To do this on your iPhone:
- Tap on the Settings icon on your iPhone from your Home screen.
- Now tap on Privacy and then select the Reddit app.
- Finally, tap the switch next to the Reddit app to allow access and all necessary permissions.
Edit DNS settings
If your network lacks pace, you can expect many things to go wrong with the Reddit app. However, a few users report that changing the DNS settings on the iPhone fixed a lot of bugs in the app. You can do it in the following way.
- Select the Settings icon on your iPhone from the Home screen.
- Next, tap on WiFi and tap the icon next to the network connection you want to edit DNS settings.
- Now tap on DNS and change the option to Static from Dynamic.
- Finally, remove the existing DNS address and type in the DNS address of your choice. Users usually enter the Google DNS (18.104.22.168) DNS address.
Afterward, load the Reddit app and verify that your issue no longer exists.
Try a VPN
Your ISP may have been blocking a resource or multiple resources of the Reddit app. If changing the DNS settings does not help in this regard, you can try a VPN service. Download and install your favorite VPN on your iPhone and connect to a server in other countries. Now launch the app and observers how things are working for you currently.
Ensure you’re not a beta user
Before releasing the final Reddit app build, the developers test it to see if it works according to expectations. The testing version is known as Reddit Beta and contains features that are identical to the full version with something extra.
Therefore, if you have joined the Reddit Beta program, you need to leave it in the following way.
- Launch the Reddit app on your iPhone and tap on the Profile option in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Now select Settings and then tap on the Preferences option.
- Next, scroll to the bottom and uncheck the “I would like to test beta features” box.
- Relaunch the Reddit app, and now the app should be working fine on your iPhone.
Reinstall Reddit app
If the above fixes didn’t work for you so far, the Reddit app might not be working due to the corrupt installation of the application itself. In this case, reinstalling the Reddit app may resolve the issue. To do this:
- Log out of the Reddit app and Force close it by swiping up the app from the bottom of the screen.
- Now tap and hold the Reddit app icon and choose the uninstall option.
- Next, restart your iPhone and head to the App Store.
- Search for the Reddit app and tap on Install.
- Log in with your credentials and verify that the issue you were experiencing with the app is fixed.
How do I fix Reddit app black screen white screen issue?
While using the Reddit app, a blank screen in black or white color is one of the most common issues on iPhones. Usually, when you open an app, you will witness a blank screen for a few seconds, and then the Reddit app will crash with or without throwing an error message.
There are a few ways to resolve the issue on your iPhone. However, you need to do the following steps in a sequence.
- Close the Reddit app by swiping it away from the App Switcher.
- Restart your iPhone by pressing down the Power button for a few seconds and selecting the Restart option from the menu (A few iPhone models require you to press the volume up and down button for the restart).
- Now relaunch the Reddit app and see if it’s working fine.
- If the issue persists, wait till your iPhone battery drains and power off automatically. Afterward, charge your iPhone and turn it on to verify that the blank screen on the Reddit app is gone.
- If you still can’t get rid of the black or white blank screen, uninstall the Reddit app and install an older version of it.