Are you getting a playback error while viewing Twitter videos on your Android phone or tablet? Don’t know why you can’t upload your videos on Twitter? This article focuses on these two issues and helps you explore the reasons and fixes for the errors in a convenient way.
With the Twitter app, you can record, edit, import, and share your videos through your Android phone running OS 4.1 or higher. Furthermore, you can upload your videos by going to the Twitter website as well.
However, as with any other app, things can go wrong while using Twitter and you may experience errors and bugs that won’t let you view or post videos on your Android phone. Let’s find out how you can solve these issues.
How Do I Fix Video Playback On Android?
If you are using the Twitter app on your Android phone, you can do the following steps to troubleshoot the video playback error.
Check Signal Strength And Change Network
If your Android phone signal strength is poor, you can not play videos on Twitter or load the visual content. To fix it:
- Restart your Android phone by using the Power button
- Tap the WIFI icon to turn it off and turn on the mobile data
- On the main menu, select Settings and go to the About Phone section
- Tap on Phone Status and then visually inspect Singal strength
- If the signal strength is poor, change your network or use the WIFI connection to use the Twitter app
Update The Twitter App
Sometimes, an outdated app version gives birth to numerous issues. Therefore, it is vital to confirm that you are using the latest version of the Twitter app. To check this:
- Go to the Google Play Store on your Android device
- Search for the Twitter app
- If you see the Update option, it means that your Twitter app needs to update. Click on it
- Launch the Twitter app again and see if you can playback the videos
Quick Fix Twitter Playback Error on iPhone (Add internal link here of the page “Playback error twitter videos android” when published)
Reinstall Twitter App on Your Android Phone
If the above two fixes fail to solve the playback error on Twitter, you need to reinstall the Twitter app on your Android phone. To do this:
- Go to your Android phone’s Settings menu
- Tap on Apps or Apps Management
- Scroll down and tap on Twitter. Tap Uninstall
- Now head over to the Google Play store and install a fresh version of the Twitter app
Use Chrome Browser On Your Android Phone
The Twitter app can malfunction due to many reasons. However, you can still playback the Twitter videos by going to the Twitter website and log in from there.
- Open Chrome browser on your Android phone
- Type in the official Twitter website address
- Sign in with your login credentials and start watching videos
Why Won’t My Videos Upload On Twitter?
There are two possible reasons why you can upload your videos on Twitter.
If your video greys out and there is no error message, it can be due to slow internet speed. You need to change your network or switch to a WIFI connection to fix this issue.
You might be uploading a video that does not meet the uploading requirements of Twitter. In this case, you may get an error “Your media file is not compatible” or “Your media file could not be processed” on Twitter. These errors pop up due to the following reasons.
- You are trying to upload a video that is larger than the required 512 MB file size
- The video length is more than 2 minutes and 20 seconds
- You have not selected the MP4 and MOV video format for the videos that you want to upload from your mobile phone
Click Here To Fix Snapchat Score Not Updating
How Do I Clear My Twitter Cache?
Quite often, clearing the Twitter app cache fixes a lot of bugs and errors. To clear the Twitter cache on your Android phone:
- Go to the Settings option and tap on App Management or Apps
- Tap on the App list
- Scroll down, locate the Twitter app and tap on it
- Now tap on Storage or Storage and Cache
- Next, Tap on Clear Data and Clear Cache
- Finally, launch the Twitter app and see if your video upload and playback errors are solved on your Android phone
Twitter app is a great way to tweet and upload videos on your Android device while you are on the move. However, a few Twitter app errors can emerge and ruin the fun for you. We hope that this short guide helped you find the reasons and fixes for the playback error for Twitter videos on your Android phone.