Does your Paramount Plus keep buffering? Are you tired of looking for an answer as to what is causing these buffering issues? Don’t worry; there are many like you who have run into this problem.
Paramount Plus is an excellent source of entertainment. This popular streaming service offers plenty of content, whether it is movies, TV shows, live sports, or news. It particularly rose to fame during the pandemic, much like many other streaming platforms.
However, Paramount Plus users have reported buffering problems since its release when streaming their favorite content. This guide will give you an overview of the causes of these buffering issues and what you can do to fix them.
Why Does Paramount Plus Always Buffer?
From the Paramount Plus server-side issues to the poor quality of the broadband connection and the hardware you are using to watch the stream, there are numerous reasons why Paramount Plus keeps buffering all the time.
- One of the leading causes of media buffering is poor internet connection.
- Sometimes, temporary glitches and bugs in the app don’t allow your account to load correctly. This can cause buffering issues.
- Paramount Plus also keeps buffering if the server is down.
- An outdated Paramount Plus app can cause communication problems, resulting in loading or buffering problems.
- A problem in your streaming device can also contribute to the issue you are dealing with.
- Paramount Plus app’s cache and data files can take large space on your device. This results in poor device performance, leading to streaming issues.
- Ad-blocking software and VPN can also play their part in creating Paramount Plus buffering problems.
What Internet Speed Do I Need for Paramount Plus?
Paramount Plus is a high-definition streaming video service that requires a speedy internet connection. To get the best possible viewing experience, it is recommended that you have a minimum internet speed of 4 to 5Mbps.
Users who want to watch their favorite content in 4K, HDR 10, and Dolby Vision formats need at least 25Mbps of internet speed to stream without interruptions.
Moreover, the internet speed needed for streaming is also determined by the number of devices streaming at the same time. When multiple devices are streaming Paramount Plus simultaneously, there must be at least 8 Mbps internet speed allocated per device.
How Can You Fix This Problem?
Fixing the Paramount Plus keeps buffering issue is relatively easy. Follow the below-mentioned solutions to get rid of this problem.
Re-signing into Paramount Plus
Re-signing to Paramount Plus is the best way to begin troubleshooting the problem. This will help users resolve a temporary glitch or bug causing buffering issues.
To do this, follow these steps:
- Go to the Paramount Plus homepage and look out for your username.
- Click the down arrow next to your username and select Account.
- Click Sign Out to log out of the current device.
- Restart your device and then log in back to your account.
Check the Internet Connection
If the issue still exists, then check your internet connection. You may see that you are connected to the internet, but in reality, your connection could be poor.
Performing a quick internet speed test will help you know whether there is a problem with your internet connection.
In case of poor internet speed:
- Reconnect to your Wi-Fi connection.
- Restart the router or change its position.
- Check all the network cables and reconnect them.
- If you are streaming on your smartphone, turn off the Wi-Fi and turn on the mobile data.
Update the Paramount Plus App
If the internet connection seems good, make sure the Paramount Plus app is updated.
To do this, follow these steps:
- Go to the app store and look out for the Paramount Plus app.
- Tap on it to open the app page.
- If an Update button is available, click on it to update the app.
Disable Ad Blocker and VPN
This solution is for those users who always have ad-blocking software and VPN enabled in their browser.
Ad Blockers can cause interruptions during streaming by blocking ads. By disabling them, viewers can watch their favorite content without any delays. Therefore, always disable ad-blocking extensions before streaming the live content.
Getting rid of VPNs can also help you to counter this problem. Sometimes, it is not configured or booted up correctly, leading to loading issues.
Choose Another Media
Sometimes, certain movies and TV shows on the platform face unexpected problems and thus become unplayable.
When you are experiencing buffering issues with a particular movie or show, make sure to check for streaming problems on different content. If there is no problem while watching other shows online, then your previous movie was at fault; however nothing you can do about it but to wait until they fix things up.
Select a Different Device
Choosing a different streaming device can be a good idea if all the media on Paramount Plus is having the same problem. If you are watching the content on your tablet, switch to your mobile device or PC.
Since you are only facing the issue on a particular device, it means your device’s operating system is not up to date. Updating its software can help you get rid of buffering troubles.
Clear App’s Cache or Reinstall the App
Paramount Plus keeps buffering issue can also be resolved by clearing the app’s cache. Cache data occupies space if not cleared out regularly, despite being a temporary memory.
To clear the Paramount app cache and data, follow these steps:
- Go to the Settings app.
- Select, Apps & notifications
- Find Paramount Plus from the list of apps and tap on it.
- Select Storage & Cache.
- Tap on Clear Cache and then Clear Storage.
You can also uninstall and reinstall the Paramount Plus app to clear the cache.
The Paramount Plus streaming service is a great option for movie lovers, but it can be frustrating when the service buffers. This guide looks at some reasons why this might happen and possible solutions. Hopefully, with this information, you can enjoy your favorite content without any interruptions or delays.