Thinking why New World won’t let me respawn after dying? Is the game forcing you to log out and making you wait in a queue to get back in to respawn at the last source point? In this article, we’ll guide how you fix this delay in New World.
New World is a thrilling open-world MMO that is filled with danger and opportunities for the players to take over the supernatural island of Aeternum. The players can forge themselves as adventurers among the island’s wilderness and ruins. The game has natural resources that respawn quite often.
However, quite a few users are reporting that when they die in New World, the game forces them to respawn far away from an inn or a camp. As a result, the players have to log out and wait for several days to respawn especially in Everfall. Let’s find out why you experience this issue in New World and what can you do about it.
What Happens When You die on New World?
In New World, when you die in battle, you remain incapacitated for 2 minutes. However, a player can revive you if your enemy does not do any further damage to you.
In that 2 minutes time frame, if no player chooses to revive you or your enemy does additional damage to you, you’ll die at the same spot and respawn at your last respawn point that can be an inn or a camp.
At this exact moment, a bug in New World forces you to respawn far away from the camp or inn that can cause additional waiting time to respawn.
How to fix New World respawn delays?
To fix New World respawning you far away from the last respawn point and respawn delays, try the following troubleshooting steps.
Restart the New World game
The first method to fix the respawning issue is to restart and relaunch the game. To do this, simply log out of the game and log back in. This fix worked for some users, however, a few users had to wait in a long queue to get back into the game.
Restart your PC
If relaunching New World didn’t fix the issue, try restarting your computer and then log back into the game. By restarting, your computer speed up the GPU performance and flushes the RAM. Also, it helps clear up temporary files and processes that can be interfering with the New World game. To restart Windows 10 machine:
- Open the Start menu by clicking on the Windows icon at the bottom left corner
- Now click on the Power button
- Choose Restart from the list of options
According to the developers, New World users should power cycle their router to fix numerous issues such as respawn delays and incorrect respawn starting points. To do this:
- Disconnect power to your router/modem from the main wall outlet
- Wait for few minutes and then power on your router or modem
- Now, wait for 5 minutes until you see all the lights illuminating on your router
- Next, launch New World and verify that the respawning issue is fixed
- If the error persists, try switching to a wired connection
Reset network settings
Another fix for the New World respawning-related issues is to reset the network connection to your computer. This process not only fixes various internet issues but also solves WIFI signal problems as well. To reset network settings on your computer, launch the command prompt as administrator and run the following commands in a sequence.
- Type in “ipconfig /flushdns” and hit Enter
- Now type “ipconfig /registerdns” and press Enter
- Next, execute “ipconfig /release” and “ipconfig /renew” commands one by one
- Finally, type in “netsh winsock” and press Enter
After successfully running all the commands, close the command prompt and restart your computer. Hopefully, New World respawning issues will now be fixed.
Verify game files
Missing and corrupted game files can cause respawn delays in New World. Therefore, to make sure that your game data is updated and intact, you need to verify the integrity of your game files. To do this:
- Launch New World on your Windows PC through the Steam platform
- Now head to the Library section
- In the left pane, right-click on New World and click on properties
- Now you need to click on the Local files option in the sub-menu
- On the right, click on Verify integrity of game files
- Wait for a few minutes to let the game files verification process complete
- Finally, close New World and open it again to verify that the respawning issues are fixed
We hope that you’ll find this guide very useful to fix the New World respawning issue on your Windows PC. Before you attempt the above-mentioned troubleshooting steps, remember to check that the New World is allowed in your PC firewall and antivirus settings. Keep enjoying being an adventurer in New World!