Are you playing the New World game in beta mode and the display won’t go to fullscreen? Does the game run in windowed or borderless windowed fullscreen with a blue box outline? In this article, we’ll show why the game is not opening in fullscreen and how can you get rid of this glitch.
The borderless windowed mode in New World is a compromise between a game’s windowed display options and fullscreen. This option lets users navigate over additional game options without any interruption.
However, quite a few New world users are reporting that they can’t go fullscreen with the game. Furthermore, the Windowed mode is causing the GPU to render the game and the game’s frame rate becomes 30 to 40 fps less than the normal mode. Let’s dig into detail for this issue and find a working fix.
Why is my game not opening in fullscreen?
If your New Word game is stuck in the windowed mode, it could be due to the following reasons.
- Your video adapters are behaving erratically after a fresh Windows install or a driver update
- The display settings on your system are changed either by you or by a Windows update
- You have accidentally pressed ALT + TAB or ALT + ENTER and caught a bug when the game is not fullscreen
- You are using a third-party graphic application that is overriding the New World game settings
How do I fix New World not full screen?
- Navigate to the New World game Settings
- In the left pane, click on Visuals
- On the right, click on Resolution and set it lower than the current resolution
- Once you are done, hit Apply changes
- Next, click on Window mode above the Resolution option, set it to fullscreen, and return your screen resolution
- Now launch the game and verify that this method fixes the blue frame issue
How do I fix full screen games on Windows 10?
If the New World won’t fullscreen, try the following troubleshooting steps. As this issue manifests due to various reasons, therefore, we recommend that you go through all the steps here on your Windows 10 machine.
Set correct display scaling
Quite often, black bars emerge on the side of the screen in the New World game. This can happen due to a change in your system’s display settings when Windows 10 updates itself. To fix this issue, you have to change your display settings. To do this:
- Right-click anywhere on your Windows 10 desktop and go to Display Settings
- Under the “Scale and Layout” option, click on the option to expand the dropdown list and select the 100% (recommended) option
- If the issue persists, go to Resolution under Scale and Layout and experiment with different resolutions to check which one fixes the bug
Reinstall video driver
Perhaps the most common cause of the New World not going fullscreen relates to an issue with the video adapter driver. Therefore, to eliminate this possibility, try reinstalling your video adapter driver. To do this:
- Type in Device Manager on the Start menu
- Click on Device Manager and expand the list
- Now expand the Display Drivers option by clicking on it and right-click on your video adapter
- Click on Uninstall device and restart your PC
- Next, Windows 10 will automatically install the driver
If Windows 10 fail to install the latest drivers, you can do it manually. First, uninstall your video adapter driver from the Device Manager. Now head over to your video card manufacturer website and search for your driver. Next, download and install the driver and restart your system.
Disable Game Modes
To maximize the performance of the game, your OS itself runs scripts and set game modes to take control of your PC’s graphic card hardware. However, these game modes can disable the full-screen capability of the installed games. To fix this, try to disable all running game modes on your Windows 10 PC in the following way.
- Click the cogwheel icon in the Start menu and open Settings
- Select the Gaming section and navigate to Game mode
- Toggle Game mode to Off
Hopefully, this guide helped you fix the “new world won’t fullscreen” bug in your Windows 10 PC. We suggest that if you have a third-party graphics application such as the Nividia Control panel installed on your system, make sure that its game mode settings are switched off as it can override the New Game feature to go fullscreen.