Are you experiencing audio glitches while playing the New World, like no sound, echo, sound stuttering, or audio cutting? Don’t worry, we understand it can be extremely annoying, but there are some techniques you can try to solve this issue.
New World is an entertaining game to play solo or with friends with 16.10 million total players alongside 1.51 million daily players. It has a bit of a rocky start and a large globe with multiple environments, a variety of activities, including PvP and PvE in MMO jargon, and extensive roleplaying opportunities.
Although, the games show minor sound glitches while playing or launching, this problem can occur during the gameplay or throughout the entire game. This guide will assist you in resolving the no sound issue and identifying why this problem arises.
Why Does New World Have No Sound?
Occasionally, New World users encounter some errors, but a simple restart will resolve the issues. Practically all of the audio issues in the New World have distinct causes, and we listed some common reasons.
- Wireless headphones can cause no sound issues in the game.
- In-game voice chat creates sound glitches.
- Windows update causing the problem.
- You might be using outdated drivers that are causing the problem.
- The game has caught corrupted files that affect its performance and create no sound, sound stuttering, or audio cutting.
How Do I Fix The Sound In My New World?
Before diving into the more complex solutions, try to conduct a quick reboot on your game to see if the issue is resolved. If the issue persists, proceed with the solutions one by one. We’ll start with the most basic fixes in these troubleshooting steps to solve the New World no sound problem.
Disable In-game Voice Chat
Disabling the in-game voice chat feature is another effective solution many players have found while facing this problem.
- Simply, open the game and go to Settings.
- Now, click on the Communication tab from the side menu.
- Click on the Voice Chat Mode and select Disable from the drop-down menu.
You’ve encountered no sound issue when playing New World; resolve this by opening and closing the game’s inventory screen. Doing this will restore the audio to its original clarity and settings. It is a simple technique, but it’s the most effective for no sound during New World gameplay.
Check New World Audio Settings
If you’re having trouble hearing anything while playing New World, try the in-game volume first. Check that the setting is turned on and the volume isn’t too low.
- First, open the New World and click on Settings.
- Once you open the settings, choose Audio from the left side menu and make sure that you can adjust the volume as per requirements.
Switch Your Headphone Setting
If you’re using wireless microphones, try to use different ones to resolve the issue. So, to change the settings, follow these simple steps:
- Navigate to the Settings and click on the communications
- Now, click on the Microphone, change your Headset to Stereo, and return to game check to see if the issue persists.
Switch Applications to Fix The New World No Sound Issue
You can try to switch to another application on your PC by pressing the Alt + Tab buttons. Return to the game and pay close attention to the audio once you’ve done so. This solution usually works for most gamers who face sound interruption, echo, sound stuttering, and audio glitches.
Check Game Corrupted Files
It is another option for fixing the audio issues in New World. Your New World game may have become corrupted, resulting in the game’s skipping audio. However, before reinstalling New World, check its file integrity carefully. Check for any files that may be corrupted; use the Steam application to verify them.
- First, open the New World on your Windows PC through the Steam application.
- Now, navigate to the Library section.
- Right-click on New World and select Properties from the drop-down in the side pane.
- After that, you need to choose the Local files option in the sub-menu
- On the right, click on Verify integrity of game files.
- Wait for a few minutes to complete the validation process in the game. Steam will analyze the files for errors during the validation process and re-download them if required.
- Finally, close the application and relaunch it to see if the issue persists.
In addition, the time of the validation procedure is usually determined by the game’s size. So, you may need to be patient with this particular process.
Update Drivers to Fix The New World No Sound Issue
Audio glitches are most commonly caused by a malfunctioning audio driver or an out-of-date driver. You must keep your audio driver up to date to function correctly with applications and software. If you’re using headphones, ensure they work correctly and check the headphones with other devices.
However, the windows mainly download the drivers automatically, but you can manually check the driver updates. Make sure that you only install drivers compatible with your Windows version. Instead of manually checking the update, we recommend downloading any software to update all your drivers.
Check for Windows Updates
If the sound regularly works other than on New World, an out-of-date Windows version is unlikely to be the source of the problem. So, to check the windows updates, follow the steps below:
- First, click on the Windows logo key on your keyboard. Then type windows update and choose Windows Update Settings from the results.
- Select Check for Updates, and then wait for Windows to download and install the updates automatically.
- Finally, close the windows updater and relaunch the game to validate that no sound issues have been fixed.
New World is an excellent source of enjoyment and adventure, but a few issues irritate its players. Before attempting the above-mentioned fixies, check your headphones with other devices and applications.
We hope that this straightforward guide will assist you in resolving the no sound issue while playing or launching the New World on your Windows PC. If none of the solutions work, contact New World technical customer support and share your concerns.