Are you exploring and colonizing the New World Aeternum island but the game keeps on crashing? Have you tried restarting the Steam client but still can’t fix the game? Let us show you why you a facing this issue and what troubleshooting steps can aid you in resolving this problem.
New World, one of the most awaited games, is finally out. The newest Amazon MMO is gaining popularity from beta to its officially released version. Set in the 1600 century, you’ll be playing as a human in the New World to explore new lands, kill monsters, and use magic with different types of weapons.
New World is an inspiring game when it comes to production value such as visuals, skins, and characters. These features play a vital part in the success of the game. However, success mainly depends on social ratings. So far, New World crashing issue is bugging a whole bunch of players.
Why is my game crashing again and again?
- PC not supporting minimum system requirements to play New World
- New World in-game video settings are not properly configured
- Your PC’s power profile is not set at high performance
- You have disabled automatic Windows updates
- Unnecessary programs are running in the background that is eating up PC resources and causing New World to crash
- Your video or graphic drivers are not up to date
- Your computer has caught malware that is affecting its performance to play a high demanding game such as Nw World
- PC is overheating
How do I stop New World from crashing?
The following fixes helped a lot of New World players with the game crashing issue. Let’s take a quick look at each of these fixes.
Verify game files
Sometimes, missing or corrupted game files cause crashing issues on New World. To fix this, you need to verify the integrity of the game files.
- Launch Steam client and head to the Library section
- Next, right-click on the New World game and click on Properties
- Navigate to Local Files and on the right, click Verify integrity of game files
- Now relaunch New World and see if the game crashes again
Update graphic driver
If you’re using a faulty or outdated driver, any game with a new title such as New World will run into some performance issues. Therefore, make sure that you’re graphic card is listed with the correct and latest driver in your PC’s Device Manager.
Check for Windows update
As New World is playable specifically on Windows PC, therefore, it is very important to keep your Windows up to date to deal with numerous game issues. To do this:
- Head to your PC Settings menu
- Scroll and click on Update & Security
- Next, click on Windows Update and then click on Check for updates
- Once the update process is complete, restart your PC and verify that the New World is not crashing anymore
Check in-game graphic settings
Some New World players are succeeding to fix the game crashing issue by adjusting in-game video settings. To do this:
- Open New World on Steam client and click the Settings option on the top right corner
- In the left navigational menu, click on Visuals
- Change the video quality to high or low and see if the crash stops
Delete particular game files
Sometimes deleting certain game files often fixes the New World crashing and performance issues. Before going on with this fix, backup all your game files in case anything goes wrong.
- Open the Run dialog box by pressing Win+R keys on your keyboard
- Type in %appdata% and hit Enter
- Navigate to the AGS –> New World folder and delete the “Savedata” folder and “user_preload_settings” file
- Next, restart New World and confirm that the problem is fixed
Check PC overheating issues
If your PC is overheating, you can run into various game performance-related problems. Therefore, look for the common signs of overheating such as:
- Strange fan noise
- PC blue screen
- Computer restarting or shutting down by itself
- High CPU temperatures
To fix computer overheating issues, try to turn on your room AC while playing New World for an adequate room temperature.
How do I increase my fps on the New World?
- Upgrade your RAM to 16GB and install New World onto an SSD for faster loading times
- Try switching New World from borderless Windowed or Windowed to full-screen size. You can try this the opposite way as well to increase your FPS while playing the game
- Before playing New World, close all unnecessary programs and processes through Task Manager that are eating up your computer resources and leaving nothing or a lot less for the game. Also, close all background running programs in your PC’s system tray as well.
- Make sure that your PC isn’t downloading Windows updates or performing other tasks that end up writing to your drive constantly and decrease PC performance
Can malware cause New World to crash?
Malware can cause many disadvantageous effects on your computer. These effects depend on the purpose and type of malware that is residing in your system. If you are not launching a lot of programs/processes but witnessing an increase in resource usage, it means your PC has a bug or malware.
High PC resource usage ultimately won’t leave a lot of room for AAA title games such as New World. Therefore, we advise you to scan for malware and get rid of it using your preferred anti-virus or anti-malware software.
New World is a great resort for adventure and fun but a few problems cause frustration to its players. We hope that this guide helped you overcome the “New World keeps crashing” issue. Another quick tip for you is to launch the game as an administrator to fix a few performance issues that can lead to crashing issues.