Have you ever experienced a Netflix error code nw-1-19? Are you having trouble connecting your device with the Netflix service? In this guide, we will discuss easy and quick fixes that resolve your network connectivity between the Netflix app and your device.
Netflix has an astounding library of great entertainment content which makes its subscribers keep coming back for more. Netflix is almost available on all devices and platforms and has an app for all smart TVs, gaming consoles, and smartphones. However, these Netflix apps can cause few errors from time to time.
Netflix network connectivity issues can be annoying for its users as it is bound to happen sometimes. But this error can be fixed easily so that you can get back to enjoying your favourite TV shows and movies.
What Is The Netflix Error Code NW-1-19?
Netflix users reported that When they try to connect their Smart TV, streaming media players, or gaming console to the Netflix service, they receive the following error.
“Code: NW-1-19. Your device is not connected to the internet. Please make sure your connection is working. Retrying in few seconds”
What Are The Reasons for The Netflix Error Code NW-1-19?
The most common reason for the error is a network connectivity issue. The problem can be due to your internet connection or the device setting that you are using to connect to the Netflix service.
How To Fix Netflix Error Code NW-1-19?
Nowadays, Smart TVs and gaming consoles have builtin ability to third party apps on them. However, the Netflix app can cause some errors on these devices.
The first thing to do is to check your internet connection if it’s working properly. If it’s not, restart your modem, place your WIFI nearby, or contact your internet service provider to get your internet connection back in order. If this quick fix fails to solve the nw-1-19 error, you can try the following alternative methods on different devices.
How To Solve NW-1-19 Error on Xbox 360?
If you are using Xbox 360 to connect to Netflix service, try the following method to fix the error.
Check For Connectivity
- Check your network connection by going to Main Menu –> System settings –> Network Settings.
- Select Wireless Network or Wired Network (Whichever one you are using).
- Select “Test Xbox live connection”
If you don’t see any issues with your network connection, proceed to the following steps.
Configure DNS Settings
- Navigate to Settings –> System settings –> Choose Network –> Configure Network option.
- Select the DNS Settings option and click on Automatic.
- Turn off your Xbox device and turn it back on after a few minutes.
- If the problem is still there, disconnect and reconnect the power cable from both your router and modem.
- Turn everything back on again and verify the fix.
If the problem persists, try connecting your Xbox 360 directly to your modem instead of the Wireless router.
How To Fix Netflix Error Code Nw-1-19 on A Blu Ray Player?
If you are seeing the same error on a Blu Ray player, you need to:
- Turn off your Blu-Ray player and disconnect the main power cable.
- Leave your device unplugged for some time.
- Plugin your device and restart it.
- Verify the fix by running the Netflix app again.
How To Eliminate The NW-1-19 Error on Roku?
To get the nw-1-19 error fixed on Roku, try the following steps.
- Check that your network allows online streaming.
- Double-check your device’s strength for your internet connection.
- Turn off your device. Restart your device back on after a few minutes.
- If the error still pops up, change your modem location for better signal strength or connect your device directly to your modem with an ethernet cable.
How To Troubleshoot NW-1-19 Error On A Samsung TV or Another Smart TV?
Many people use their smart TVs to access the Netflix service. Therefore, quite often the nw-1-19 emerges on these TVs. Let’s take a look at a couple of solutions for a Samsung TV or any other Smart TV for the error.
Fix For Samsung TV
- Check and confirm there is no connectivity issue on your side. Check that the ethernet cable is firmly attached to the TV for a wired connection or is connected to a wireless network properly.
- First, uninstall Netflix from Samsung TV and reinstall it. Check that the error does not show up again.
- If the error shows up again, go to TV’s “Menu” and select the Support option. From there, perform the necessary TV software update.
- Go back to Menu again but this time select the Smarthub reset option. Enter the correct PIN to initiate the reset process.
- Lastly, check for Netflix app updates. Install the necessary updates, wait for a few minutes and sign in again to verify that the nw-1-19 error is gone for good.
Fix for other Smart TVs
- Check if your Smart TV is connected properly to the internet.
- Disconnect your Smart TV from the main electrical plug. For 2 minutes, press and hold the Power button of your TV.
- Connect your Smart TV again from the main electrical outlet and check if you can stream Netflix videos.
- If the error still shows up, try connecting your Smart TV directly to your modem with the help of an ethernet cable.
How To Quick Fix NW-1-19 Error On A Streaming Media Player?
If you are using a streaming media player to watch Netflix, you can resolve the nw-1-19 error by following almost the same steps that are mentioned above for a few fixes. To do this:
- Check for your network to see if it allows online streaming
- Check if your device has stable internet connectivity
- Turn off your smart device and modem for 2 minutes
- Restart your modem and smart device and verify that you can watch Netflix without having to deal with the error
The Netflix error code nw-1-19 can show up on any device that you use to watch Netflix TV shows and movies. However, we hope that this guide helped you fix the error real fast. If somehow, you can’t find a working solution in the guide, you can always contact your device supplier or Netflix customer service for a reasonable answer for the error.