Have you been grappling with the question: “Why my virgin mobile SMS is not working?” Whether youre having problems sending or receiving SMSs or having issues with your mobile data, we can help. Check out our handy troubleshooting tips to fix your virgin mobile network connection.
Virgin Media is a prominent British telecommunications company. It’s responsible for providing approximately 98% of the people in the UK with telephone, television and internet services.
While the company and its services are pretty impressive, its user’s aren’t exempt from running into errors. Before we talk about how to fix this issue, let’s answer a few other questions.
Why is Virgin network not working?
Are you wondering “Why my Virgin mobile SMS is not working?”. If you’ve just bought a new Virgin Mobile SIM and it’s not letting you send or receive SMS messages, it’s probably because you haven’t signed into your Virgin Mobile app yet.
Another reason for this could be a service-wide outage. What that essentially means is that there is an issue on the part of virgin mobiles. Typically, the isn’t much users can do when it comes to this. The issue will be resolved by their representatives.
What to do when SMS is not receiving?
According to Virgin Media’s customer support, here are a couple of things you should do in order to solve your issue of “My virgin mobile SMS is not working”. Check out what the experts have to say:
Check Your Mobile Coverage:
Virgin Media allows users to check their mobile coverage. It’s worth noting that if youre in an area with thick forestry, high mountains, or someplace that’s secluded, the chances of you obtaining a strong speed signal are low.
If you are in inaccessible areas like this, we recommend finding an area with better cell coverage. The connectivity services providers claim they are working on installing network towers throughout the country. In the meanwhile, however, why not try switching over to broadband instead. Take advantage of the plethora of instant messaging apps such as Whatsapp and Telegram.
Check for Outages
If you see other Virgin Media users complain about not being able to send or receive texts, it’s likely that the service is experiencing an outage. You can confirm this by using Virgin’s service status checker. If the mobile on the checker indicates as down in your area, you can rest assured that the service provider is working towards fixing the error.
Check Your Network Settings
If you find that you don’t have any signals on your phone, we recommend double-checking manually.
Check Your Network Settings in iPhone:
- Got to Settings
- Select carrier
- Set the carrier slider to “green.”
Check Your Network Settings in Android:
- Go to Settings
- Select Mobile Networks
- Click on Network Operators
- Tap Automatic Selection.
Tip: While youre checking your network settings, be sure that Airplane mode is turned off.
Reboot Your Phone
If youre still running into the error of “my Virgin mobile SMS is not working”, then perhaps you could benefit from a reboot. Reboot your iPhone/ Android in these simple steps:
Reboot Your iPhone:
- Press and hold down the side button until the “power off” slider appears
- Drag the slider to turn off your device.
- Wait 30 seconds until your phone is turned off
- To turn your device back on,n press and hold the side button until you see the Apple button appear.
Reboot our Android:
- Press and hold the power button for at least 20 seconds.
- If android isn’t responding, this will manually force your device to reboot manually.
Update Your Phone’s Software
Lastly, you can ensure that your phone is running the most updated version of its software. Here is how youre going to update your iPhone or Android:
Updating Your iPhone/ iPad/ iPod touch:
- Before starting, be sure to backup all your data in iCloud or on your computer.
- Plug your device into power and then connect it to the internet
- Navigate to Settings and then General.
- Here tap Software Updates.
- If you come across two software updates, you may choose the one that’s most relevant to your needs.
- Tap Install Now.
Updating Your Android:
- Firstly, check which android version you have. Settings> System> Systems Update> Android Version
- From your Settings, navigate to System and then System Update. Here, you’ll see your update status.
- Follow any other on-screen instructions that’ll help update your android phone.
What is the message Centre number for Virgin Mobile?
If none of the solutions above work, you can always get in touch with Virgin Mobile to help you resolve this problem. You can either get in touch with them over their website or call them at +447458 399008. Here you’ll be able to get better guidance on the matter from professionals.
If you can send but only receive texts, then you also have the option of getting in touch with these professionals through the SMS service centre number (SMSC). This number is stored in your card and is dependent on your network operator.
Here is how you can set or change your SMS service center number on your SIM:
- Home screen> Application> Phone
- Dial *#*#4636#*#*.
- Enter your Phone Information
- Scroll down to find SMSC
- Tap the refresh button. If you run into a refresh error or an update error, contact your network operator.
- Enter the relevant SMSC number in the input field. Next, tap Update. If an Update error appears, we suggest getting in touch with your network operator again.
We hope you found this guide on “Why My Virgin Mobile SMS is not working?”. While the error is a vague one, especially when the issue is on the side of Virgin Mobile, it is a relatively easy one to resolve. Before anything, you should start by ensuring you have good cellphone coverage and that there isn’t a service outage in the area.
However, if the issue persists, we recommend getting in touch with Virgin’s customer service. If youre running into other problems related to Virgin Media, check out some of our other blogs.