Modern digital game distribution makes purchasing and installing games more straightforward than ever. The most frequently asked question among games is, “if I uninstall New World will I lose everything?” It depends on the users whether they’re using Steam cloud or not.
However, New World requires more storage space to accommodate all those HD visuals and uncompressed audio tracks, and most users don’t have enough space on their hard drives to store all of their game files. Therefore, you need to clear the storage for new games or play new seasons in the game.
we have made this simple guide to help you understand everything you require regarding New World. Keep reading to find out whether or not you will lose everything when you uninstall your New World game.
Will I Lose My Progress if I Uninstall New world?
If you want to uninstall the New World game, think twice before uninstalling it because you will lose everything. Later on, if you decide to play the game again after deleting it, you will have to reinstall it. Your New World game will revert to its default settings, and you need to start from the beginning.
On the other hand, if you install the game using Steam cloud backup, you will not lose everything— only things not on the cloud. So, before doing anything, create your game’s cloud backup on Steam. It will save your program through your email until you can delete your account from Steam.
How do I install a New World on Steam?
New World has two editions, the standard and the deluxe edition. You can purchase both editions from either Steam or Amazon. Keep in mind that if you purchase on Amazon, you’ll get a Steam key, which you’ll need to activate through the Steam client.
The game’s Standard version includes closed beta access, Isabella’s amulet, unique title, fist bump remote, and Guild crest set. On the other hand, the Deluxe edition includes all the items in the Standard version plus Woodsman armor skin, Woodsman hatchet skin, a mastiff house pet, Rock/Paper/Scissors emote set, and New World digital art book.
However, whichever edition you choose, the installation process is the same. Therefore, follow these steps to install the game through Amazon.
- First, visit Amazon’s official website.
- Now, type New World in the search bar and click on the game Icon.
- Once the new page appears, choose the game Edition and click on Buy Now button.
- Follow the on-screen instruction to complete the purchasing process.
- After that, you will receive a Steam key on your Amazon associated email account.
- Now, launch Steam and log in to your account.
- Once you are logged in, go to the Games, and click on the Activate a Product on Steam.
- Then, follow the on-screen instructions and enter the product key you received in the email.
- After a few seconds, the New World will be added to your library.
- Finally, choose the New World from the library and click on the Install button.
On the other hand, you can directly buy the New World game on Steam. To buy and install the game, follow these steps.
- Open the Steam and log into your account.
- Now, type the New World in the search bar and click on the game Icon.
- After that, choose the Edition and click on Add to Cart. It will redirect to the new page, where you can choose the Purchase for myself or Purchase as a Gift.
- Then, enter your card details and complete the purchasing process.
- Finally, the New World is added to your library, where you can Install the game.
How Do I Completely Uninstall New World?
If you’ve finished a New World game or are simply tired of playing it, you can uninstall it from your PC to free up some storage space. New World can be uninstalled using the Steam client or through Windows in the same way that it can uninstall any other app.
Uninstall the New World on Steam
Make sure you made the Steam cloud backup if you want to pay again; otherwise, you’ll lose everything. We’ll show you uninstalling procedure of New world on Steam step by step.
- First, launch the Steam Client and log in to your account.
- Now, navigate to the menu and click on the Library tab
- Find the New World, right-click on the game, and choose Uninstall from the dropdown menu.
- The Steam will show a confirmation message, and you need to click on the Uninstall button.
- After a few minutes, the game will be uninstalled.
Uninstall the Steam on Windows
If you don’t want to uninstall your games through Steam, you can erase the game from your PC. You may uninstall Steam games through Windows’ native Programs and Features interface, just like any other Windows application. It will Uninstall all games on Steam, so make sure you don’t need anything on it.
- First, click on the Windows key on your keyboard type the Apps and Features in the search bar.
- Once the apps and features appear, find Steam and click on it.
- Finally, click on the Uninstall button.
How do I reinstall my new world?
Before reinstalling the New World game, ensure there are no leftover files because you’ll want to start with a fresh install. Check your Documents folder or the directory where it was installed. After you’ve deleted all of the leftover files, you can download New World by following these steps:
Reinstall New World on Steam
- Open the Steam app and search for the New World game in the Library
- Now, right-click on the game and choose Install from the dropdown menu.
- After that, follow the on-screen instructions, such as choosing the destination folder to save the game and so on.
Will I lose my progress if I uninstall a Steam game?
Yes, your progress is kept, but only if your game saves are saved to the Steam cloud. If you don’t store your progress to the cloud, you’ll lose it when you uninstall the game.
However, Steam is a gaming library that is accessible through the internet. One of its most popular features is its ability for users to play games purchased/downloaded to their Steam accounts on any computer.
Many users are curious about this question “If I uninstall New World will I lose everything?” It depends on the player, whether they have cloud backup or not. We hope you’ll find this guide very useful in understanding the installing and uninstalling tactics and different techniques.