Ever had the question – If I uninstall Battlefield 5 will I lose everything pop up in your head? This article will help you understand how to save your Battlefield game and uninstall it completely so that you can restore the game after a reinstall on different devices.
Battlefield 5 is a first-person shooter video game much like Call of duty that is published by EA Games and is available to download on the publisher’s EA Desktop or Origin client. This sixteenth instalment in the Battlefield series is fun to play and has been released for Xbox One, Playstation 4, and Microsoft Windows.
Every Battlefield 5 player has a fear of losing all the stats and progress that they have worked so hard to achieve. That fear mounts when you need to uninstall the game because of bugs, lagging, and game crashing issues. Let’s find out how you can do it in a few easy steps.
If I Uninstall Battlefield 5 Will I Lose Everything?
The answer to this question is a simple no, if your game is saved on your account. Luckily, Battlefield 5 uses an autosave feature. In every mission in the game, you try to complete different objectives. Every time you complete an objective and move on to the next, you must have seen a white circle on the right-hand side of your device screen.
This white circle indicates that the game till the last objective is saved automatically. As long as that white circle remains visible, do not turn off the device. But once it’s gone, you can quit the mission or turn off your device without having to think again about losing your progress from that point.
The autosave feature saves Battlefield 5 progress on the EA Games server. The EA game server has a direct link to your account. Therefore, if you uninstall Battlefield 5 and reinstall it, all of your saved items will show up on your device when you log in to your account again.
Why is Battlefield 5 closing itself?
You might be thinking of uninstalling Battlefield 5 due to the following reasons.
- The game is closing itself without recent saves
- Battlefield 5 is logging a missing online access error
- Low FPS and performance issues
- You are not able to launch Battlefield 5
- Battlefield 5 stutterings with DirectX 12
How Do I Uninstall Battlefield 5?
Now you know some of the reasons why you would want to uninstall Battlefield 5 and whether it is safe to do it for your progress. Let us show you how to do a complete uninstall so that you can get rid of the errors and do a fresh reinstall to improve your gaming experience.
Uninstall Battlefield 5 On Windows PC
To uninstall Battlefield 5 on Windows PC, do it by the following three methods.
- Type in Regedit on the Run command
- Find registry key for the Battlefield 5
- Click on the Uninstall string and also copy Value data
- Hold Windows + R keys and paste value data
- Follow instructions on the screen to uninstall Battlefield 5
- Go to the Contol Panel of your Windows PC
- Under Programs, click on Uninstall a Program
- Scroll and right-click on Battlefield 5
- Click on Uninstall
Alternatively, you can use the System Restore option on your Control panel to restore your PC to its last functioning state before installing Battlefield 5. Also, it removes recent interferences after the Restore point that occur with Battlefield 5 game. To do this, you need to make a System restore point when your game was functioning properly. To do this:
- Close all programs on your PC
- Right-click on My Computer and select Properties
- Click on the System Protection tab
- Click on the System Restore option under System Protection
- Choose a restore point and hit Next
- Select time and date of the restoration point (Any system updates after that date will not be restored. You need to make a new system restore point for your new updates such as drivers, new games, etc)
- Click Finish and confirm the Restore point
- Now you won’t see Battlefield 5 on your desktop screen
Uninstall Battlefield 5 on Xbox One
- Press the Xbox button on the controller to navigate to Home
- Select My Games and Apps
- Highlight Battlefield 5 and press the Menu button on your controller
- Select Manage Game and once again press the Menu button
- Choose Uninstall
How To Uninstall Battlefield 5 on PS4
Uninstalling Battlefield 5 on PS4 is quite easy. To do this:
- Go to the Games in the Games Menu
- Highlight Battlefield 5
- Press “Options” on your controller
- Select the “Delete from menu” option and confirm it
Battlefield 5 is a great game that you can play on your PC, Xbox One, and PS4. However, you might be in a constant worrying state by thinking that if you uninstall Battlefield 5 or any other game, you’ll lose everything due to some error and virus. We hope that you found this guide quite helpful in saving your game progress and uninstalling Battlefield 5 properly to perform a fresh reinstall.