Have you made significant progress overcoming the complex empire’s challenges in your Age Of Empires 4 gameplay? In that case, you are likely hesitant to uninstall the game from your devices if you lose everything. Occasionally, you need to uninstall a game to preserve space for new challenges or new games.
Age of Empires 4 is the most recent series of Age of Empires, and the game promises a new RTS (real-time strategy) mode and eight civilizations, making it a good fit for both newbies and veterans. The fourth edition of Age of Empires is a spiritual sequel to the second edition, spanning multiple medieval eras on a larger scale.
However, we have come up with this detailed guide to assist you in understanding what happens when you uninstall your Age of empire 4 from your device and provide you with all the essential information needed to accomplish this action.
If I Uninstall Age of Empires 4 will I lose everything?
It depends upon the user’s choice, whether a user completely uninstalls or partially uninstalls the game to make some space for a better experience. If you uninstall entirely from the PC and delete the folders, you’ll lose everything such as downloaded content, progress, etc. Or uninstalling only unnecessary files will retain your progress and required files.
However, if you install the game on the Steam platform and save game data on the cloud, you will not lose everything. The cloud retains all your data like your progress, downloaded content, etc.
How do I uninstall Age of Empires 4?
Your Age of Empires 4 beta folder has error logs, saved games, etc. So uninstalling the beta folder will lose the error logs and game you saved. To uninstall the Age of Empires IV Beta Folder, follow these steps:
- On your Windows PC, open File Explorer
- Once you the file explorer, select the Documents and click on the MyGames
- Find the Age of Empires 4 beta folder in the MyGames and delete it. That’s it.
If you are a Steam user who wants to uninstall the Age of Empires 4 beta, you need to follow these steps:
- First, launch the Steam application find the Age of Empires 4 beta.
- Once you find it, right-click on the game app and hover over Manage from the pop-up.
- Finally, choose Uninstall and click on confirm.
Uninstalling the Age Of Empires 4 Unnessery files
Follow the procedures below if you’ve previously installed the 4K Video Pack and want to remove it from your device. It will only remove the video files, so you will not lose everything by uninstalling Age of Empires 4.
Make sure to remove and uninstall it according to the instructions to Uninstall Age of Empires 4 4K Video Pack:
- First, you need to click on the Windows Key on your keyboard.
- Now, type the Apps & Features in the search bar.
- Once it opened, find the Age of Empire 4 from that list.
- After clicking on the game, select Advanced Options.
- Here you can see the different packs, and you need to click on the Age of Empires IV: 4K HDR Video Pack and click on Uninstall.
Furthermore, if you install the game on windows Xbox and want to uninstall the game, you will lose everything in the Age of Empires 4. Still, you want to uninstall the game follow these steps:
- Press the Windows key and click on the Xbox icon or type Xbox in the search bar.
- Once you open it, go to My Collection and right-click on the Age of Empires 4
- After that, click on Uninstall from the dropdown menu.
Uninstalling the specific game files will not lose everything, but uninstalling the whole game will lose everything. Moreover, you can also lose your game data if you are not saving the games during the gameplay.
How do I save Progress in Age of Empires 4?
When it comes to warfare in Age of Empires 4, you put a lot of time and effort into ensuring you succeed. During the Campaign, players can reinvent history, experiment with civilizations in Skirmish, or begin training in the Art of War. It’s critical to know how to save the game during all of these to avoid losing any progress. You can access all your saved games data in the selected folder.
The campaign mode will autosave after each mission or objective that a player completes in Age of Empires 4. However, you can save the game from the escape menu at any time to avoid having to retry the mission entirely if they fail or leave during gameplay.
- Click on the ESC or exist button to see the menu while playing the game, or it automatically appears as the mission ends.
- Once the menu appears, click on the Save button.
Skirmish mode in Age of Empires 4 is a highly flexible mode of gameplay in which players can combat in any location and civilization they want. The battle is a success as per their mission requirements, and if you fail in any mission, you will need to pay from the start because there is no autosave in this mode. Therefore, you will need to save the progress manually during the gameplay by using mentioned above methods.
Art of War Mode
Age of Empires 4’s Art of War mode consists of a series of brief training missions. This mode is designed to help players become more familiar with the game’s economy, combat, and siege weapons.
Art of War challenges are short and designed to be completed in one sitting. So, there are no autosave or manual save options. As a result, players must complete these tasks when they first attempt.
The most frequently asked question If I uninstall Age of Empires 4 will I lose everything? It depends upon the users, whether they uninstall the game and have cloud backup or don’t have cloud backup. We recommend understanding the uninstalling tactic, and this guide will help you learn different techniques for uninstalling the games.