As a provider of online transactions, PayPal takes the security of your online account seriously. If your login credentials end up in the wrong hands, it could be catastrophic. Thus, if you’ve been wondering why PayPal keeps logging me out, it’s to prevent sensitive information from being leaked.
Since its inception in 2000, PayPal has been using sophisticated methods of protecting your account from identity theft. The company makes use of anti-phishing and anti-hacking measures. One of these measures includes being automatically logged out of your account after a specific amount of time.
We’ll be highlighting the reasons why you’re being logged out. Additionally, we’ll also be addressing how to stop PayPal from logging you out as well as whether it’s safe to stay logged in. we’ll conclude by exploring what PayPal touch is and how it can help to log back in easier.
Why does PayPal Keeps Logging Me out?
PayPal can have a multitude of reasons for login you out. One of the most common ones is a problem in your system which appears suspicious to PayPal’s systems. This can happen if you are not using a static IP for example. A static IP maintains a stable connection with PayPal servers and if they sense a constant change in your IP address, they might keep logging you out. We know how annoying getting logged out can be, especially if you have payments to make or receive.
Another reason why PayPal keeps logging you out is that you are using a VPN. PayPal uses very smart security mechanisms that can detect your location when you try to sign in. If they detect your location to be from an unusual location, or from a location that is not supported by PayPal, they can keep logging you out. To prevent this from happening, try not to use a VPN when using PayPal.
How do I stop PayPal from logging me out?
Paypal is a widely used internet banking system with over 416 million active users. It’s critical for PayPal to secure personal and transactional data from cybercriminals, so it might not authorize your credentials and treat you as an unknown user.
However, there are some techniques that will assist you in fixing the PayPal Keeps Logging Me Out issue.
Email address isn’t associated with PayPal account.
It might be possible that the email is not associated with the Paypal account that you’re trying to access, which is causing the issue; follow these steps to validate the email.
- First, visit the PayPal official site and click on the Login button at the top of the page.
- Once the login page appears, click on the Forget Password > Forget Your Email.
- Now, you need to enter the three email address that you think which is associated with the account.
- If any one of the emails is correct, it will lead to the next page with the correct email.
- Finally, click on the Continue button, which will redirect to the login page. That’s it!
Inserting the Wrong Password for Your PayPal Account
- Go to the Paypal official site and click on the Login.
- Now, enter your email and click on the Forget the Password.
- After that, you need to select the validation method for recovering the password, such as primary email, phone number, security questions, etc.
- Once you choose the method, PayPal will send you the verification code to validate the user.
- After verification, create the new password, return to the main page, and log in to your account.
Use PayPal Touch
If you are using the correct email and password and still PayPal keeps logging Me Out, use the PayPal touch. Recently, PayPal introduced a new feature that allows users to stay login.
What is PayPal touch?
One-Touch is an optional feature that allows you to stay logged in without email or password while keeping your financial information safe. PayPal automatically logs you in on that device and browser when you use it to make purchases on your mobile phone, desktop, laptop, or tablet.
When you use the one-touch on any device, it will stay Login, and you don’t have to fill in the credentials for any purchase.
If you haven’t used One Touch in a while, it will automatically turn off to help you manage it across different devices.
How do I active PayPal One Touch?
When you initially log in to your account, you can activate it by clicking on the Stay Logged In For Faster Purchase. Or you can also activate the one-touch service by visiting the Paypal site.
How do I turn off the One Touch feature?
PayPal will automatically turn off the one-touch service when you can’t use the device for a while. If you want to do it manually, follow these steps:
- First, log in to your PayPal account and click on the Settings icon on the top of the page next to Log Out.
- After that, click on the Security, and now you’ll see the toggle to activate or deactivate the one-touch.
Thus, while PayPal may keep logging you out, it’s only to uphold its own safety procedures. Although it may be nettlesome to keep logging back in, this policy is set in place for your benefit. You can, however, integrate with PayPal One Touch.
With the help of this feature, you can continue shopping online without needing to re-enter your financial information each time. PayPal will remember your preferences. Furthermore, if you’re having issues related to gaming, computers, mobiles, and more, visit our website.