Toshiba is a Japanese manufacturer of televisions and other electronic devices. Compared to big brands like Sony, Panasonic, and LG; Toshiba could be an affordable alternative.
Like with any Freeview television, sometimes you may experience missing channels, poor signal, or connecting to the wrong regional news channel. Luckily, re-tuning your Toshiba television is a quick way to fix this.
In this simple and easy to follow tutorial, we are going to take you through the necessary steps to retune your Toshiba TV.
When to retune your TV
You may need to retune your TV for a number of reasons. If you are experiencing poor signal, missing channels, or your television is broadcasting the wrong regional news channel, these could all be signs that your TV needs a retune.
Updates are constantly being made to Freeview to improve its service, which could be another reason to retune your TV. You can find the 2020 Freeview retune dates here.
How to retune a Toshiba TV
Here are four simple steps to retune your Toshiba TV:
- On your remote control, select the menu button
- Use the up and down arrow keys to select Auto Tuning and press the OK button
- If you are prompted that your previous channels will be deleted, click the yes button to continue.
- Save your changes and exit the menu screen
What to do if your Toshiba TV is still not working
If you’ve run through the automatic retuning above and your Toshiba TV still isn’t working, then the next step is to try a manual retune.
The first thing you will need to do is head over to the official Freeview website here. Once you arrive, enter your postcode and you will be given a list of channels (frequencies) in your area. Make a note of these details, as you will need them in the steps below:
- Press menu on your remote control
- Select the Manual Tuning option on your menu screen
- You may be asked to enter a 4-digit code. You can find this your TV handbook, otherwise try default codes ‘0000‘ or ‘1234.
- Now you will need to enter the channel frequencies from the information you found on the official Freeview website. Again, please visit here for more information.
- Save and exit
Hopefully, after retuning your Toshiba TV you now have a full list of channels. If you’re still having issues, we recommend contacting Toshiba support here.