Retuning a Technika TV is a relatively simple job if you follow our quick and easy steps.
If you are experiencing a loss of channels, picture issues, or the wrong regional news channel, it may mean your Technika TV needs retuning.
There are two types of tuning: automatic and manual. Both methods are done using the remote control.
How to retune a Technika TV (Automatic) in 5 Quick & Easy Steps
If you are experiencing missing TV channels on your Technika TV, then a manual retune will usually fix the issue. Follow the five simple steps below to get started:
- Select ‘Menu‘ on the remote control.
- Look for a ‘Setup, Installation, Update‘, or similar option from the menu.
- Choose ‘First Time Installation‘ from the options (sometimes labelled as ‘factory reset‘ or ‘full retune‘).
- Press ‘OK‘ and confirm any messages your TV may display about deleting existing channels, which will then begin the retune.
- After the retune is complete, save any existing changes.
Retuning a Technika TV (Manually)
If an automatic retune didn’t work, then you can perform a manual retune to find missing channels.
Before we begin, head over to the official Freeview website and enter your postcode. This will determine the transmitter located in your area and provide you will the channel frequencies which you will need to enter later on.
- Like before, select the ‘Menu‘ button on your remote control.
- Select ‘Setup‘ or ‘Installation‘. If you see icons, select the most appropriate image (usually a spanner or satellite).
- Use the arrow keys to select ‘Manual Retune‘ (or something around those lines).
- If you are asked for a passcode, check your product handbook. Otherwise, try the default password ‘0000‘ or ‘1234‘.
- You will now need to manually add the channel numbers, which you will find from the website we mentioned above. Look for the details in the ‘N‘ and ‘Now‘ column to find the correct channel details.
- Repeat this step until you’ve completed adding correct channels for each group.
- On your remote, press the ‘Menu‘ button to exit.