If you’re looking for instructions on how retune a Panasonic Freeview TV, then look no further. This detailed guide will help you do exactly that.
Most of the time, users come across a situation when their TV seems to miss out on specific channels. There’re also times when your service provider has updated the list of available channels, but unfortunately, you’re not getting access to the new ones. Whatever might be the case, proceeding with a retune will ensure everything is set to normal.
To ensure you receive all the channels and get the best out of Freeview as well, retuning your Panasonic or any other TV is a promising practice. The following steps will help keep most of the Panasonic TV up to date with everything latest from Freeview. If your TV doesn’t follow the steps we’re going to walk you through, try speaking to the Panasonic support team and have a specific guide for retuning your TV.
How to Retune Panasonic Freeview TV
Steps to Retune your Panasonic Freeview
- The very first thing you’ll need to do is press the “Home” button on your remote.
- From the “Main Menu” that pops up, select “Setup.”
- Now find and tap the option that says, “DVB Tuning Menu.”
- Once done, go to the “Auto Setup” option.
- A prompt message shall then appear informing that “All the DVB tuning data will be erased”. Press the “Ok” button to continue.
You don’t need to worry about the prompt, as it is customary to conclude the entire process.
- You’ll then need to enter the postcode that will give access to the regional channels.
- Your TV will now start scanning for channels, which may take a few minutes. As soon as your TV completes the retune process, all the channels will get stored and ready to get viewed.
What if Retuning your Panasonic Freeview TV doesn’t Help Fix the Channel Related Errors?
If you’re still experiencing channel-related issues, try the following:
- Remove the aerial from your TV.
- Head over to the “Setup” option and “Clear Memory.”
- In case your TV warns you about erasing your tuning data once you proceed with the process of clearing memory, make sure to auto retune your TV.
- As soon as the TV completes scanning, reinsert the aerial and retune your TV one more time.
Is Retuning a Good Idea Every Time?
Yes, it is; retuning your TV is a healthy practice. The only time though, we’d recommend you not to proceed with the process is while your locality has an adverse weather scenario. Extreme weather conditions might interfere and disturb the particular signal that your TV is trying to get hold of, as a result of which the entire process will fail to produce fruitful results.
So, if you’ve been wondering about how to carry out the retuning process on your Panasonic Freeview, then this guide will definitely help you out with that; however, if you face any issue, head over to Freeview’s Help section. You can also talk to the Freeview support team by calling 03456-505050 and seek further assistance.