Are you having trouble playing games because of the Xbox 0x803f9006 error? Here is everything you can do to fix the 0x803f9006 error code.
Why does the Xbox 0x803f9006 Error Code Appear?
The players from all over the world face the 0x803f9006 error on their Xbox in a few situations. While the issue primarily shows up due to sharing of accounts, sometimes problem-related to the servers may also result in the 0x803f9006 error. Another reason that might lead up to the issue is when you try to play a game purchased for PC on your Xbox and vice versa.
Whatever may be the reason, having appropriate solutions is crucial. Thankfully, there are easy fixes to resolve the Xbox error code 0x803f9006.
How to Fix Xbox 0x803f9006 Error Code
#Fix 1: Sign In to Your Account
- Click your Xbox “Home Button”
- Head over to “Accounts”
- Find and tap the “Sign Out” option
- Once done, Sign In back to your account using the login credentials.
#Fix 2: Checking Xbox Server Status
Sometimes the error code 0x803f9006 can also appear when Xbox servers are facing downtime issues. So, whenever you face the problem, make sure to look at the current status of Xbox Servers.
If you notice any issue regarding the server, wait for some moment until Microsoft fixes it. Once it happens, try playing your game and check if the issue got resolved.
#Fix 3: Setting your Xbox console and the Home Xbox
- Click the “Home Button” on your controller.
- Head over to the “Accounts” section
- Find and tap “Add or Switch Accounts.”
- Scroll down to your friends’ account that you are sharing your game with
- Under that account, click on the “Settings” and then select the “Personalization” option.
- The next thing you need to do is click on “My Home Xbox” and make sure to choose “Make this my home Xbox.”
- Finally, ask your friend to do exactly the same with your account on his/her console.
#Fix 4: Clearing the locally saved game caches
- From your Xbox dashboard, hover over to the settings and tap System.
- Find and click the “Storage Tab” option and select “Clear Local Saved Games.”
- Once the process gets complete, your console will restart automatically; wait until it happens.
- After your console reboots, launch the game and check if the issue got resolved.
#Fix 5: Perform a Power Cycle
- Press and hold the Xbox button until your console shuts down completely
- After that, unplug the console’s power cable and wait for 10 to 15 seconds before plugging it back in
- Turn on your console by pressing the Xbox button
The Xbox 0x803f9006 error can really bother users; the good thing though the solutions are pretty straightforward. While restarting your device and logging yourself in and out of the game are among the common fixes, sometimes you might need to wait a while if the issue appears because of the server failure from Microsoft’s end.