Being stuck with the PS4 error NP-36006-5 can put a wrench in your console gaming experience. Here’s everything you need to know about this annoying issue and how you can resolve it the easy way.
The Japanese tech giant Sony has been a major force in the gaming industry, all thanks to the PlayStation brand. The current jewel of the crown, the PlayStation 4 is easily one of the highest-selling gaming consoles you can find out there.
However, no matter how much Sony strives for the best and well-rounded the software may be, it isn’t perfect. Over the years, users have reported plenty of issues with the console, with the PS4 error NP-36006-5 being a recurring one.
What does the PS4 error NP-36006-5 mean?
Based on the reports, this critical issue with the PlayStation 4 occurs when using the PSN app to enjoy multiplayer games online. The entire error seems to read as follows “(User Name) will be logged out of the PS4 because an error has occurred (NP-36006-5)”.
The PS4 error code may also appear if you abruptly unplugged the gaming console with the game still running. Doing this could cause the user files to crash and become corrupt, which in turn prevents you from launching the game.
- Does Your LG TV Dim Automatically? Here is How To Fix It
- How to Fix Sky Q Error MR106 Connectivity Problem
- How To Fix Pokemon Home Error 800 in These Quick & Easy Steps
How to Fix PS4 Error NP-36006-5
Since this particular error seems to be common among PS4, Sony has directly addressed the issue on its website. All you need to do is follow the steps enlisted below, and you should be able to fix the error code problem in no time.
Create a backup of the user data on your PS4 console
- Launch the PS4 menu and open Settings.
- Navigate to System – Back Up and Restore menu, and choose Backup PS4.
- Save Trophies by making sure they are all synced to the PSN.
Remove the User Profile
- Head back to the Settings menu and find the Users
- Select the user profile having issues with and Delete
- Now create a new user profile again and restore the saved data from the backup.
Once you have created the new user profile on the PlayStation 4, go ahead and launch any game. You will most likely be able to get past the launch screen without any error message popping up.
How to Fix PS4 Error Code NP-36006-5 by Deleting Trophies
Users on the community forums for PlayStation 4 also suggest that the specific error could be related to the trophies you’ve earned in-game. If the trophy is unable to sync with the PSN server, it will give back the error code.
- Head over to the Trophy
- Pick the game with 0 trophies and press the Options
- Press the Delete button from the pop-up screen on the right.
Although the PS4 error NP-36006-5 might seem like a bigger problem than it is, resolving it fairly simple. By implementing the steps mentioned above, you should be able to get back to gaming on the PlayStation 4 in no time.
We hope that the solutions mentioned above will help you fix the PlayStation Network error with ease. If you’ve got a fix that works better than the ones we’ve highlighted above, be sure to mention it down below in the comments, and we’ll test it out for the readers.