Are you bothered by the YouTube error 429 and don’t know how to fix it? This article talks about the simple ways of getting the issue resolved seamlessly.
Why Users Face the YouTube Error 429?
There are specific protocols that limit any user from sending multiple requests to a server within a quick span. The same goes for YouTube’s server as well. So whenever several requests make way to YouTube’s server in a brisk amount of time, users end up facing an error message with 429 quoted on it. Thankfully, the solutions to this issue are not as complicated as the reason sounds to be. With a few easy steps, you will be able to resolve the issue and start watching your favorite videos again.
How to Fix the YouTube Error Code 429
#Fix 1: Resolving Network Issues
For Cellular Network
- Launch “Settings” in your smartphone
- Under the general section, look for “Reset Options.”
- Find and tap “Reset Network Settings.”
- Restart your device.
For Wireless Network
If you are using a wireless network, try Power Cycling the internet router in the following ways.
- Plug out the power cable of the internet router
- Press and hold the router’s power button for 30 to 40 seconds
- Once done, plug in the power cable
- Connect to the wireless network and check if the issue is resolved.
#Fix 2: Make Sure you Use the Latest Version of the Browser
Whether on smartphones or PC, using an outdated version of an internet browser may result in various issues like the Youtube error code 429. In that case, you need to check and install the latest version of the software.
- Head over to the Google Play Store on Android or the App Store on iOS
- Search for the internet browser you are using and look if there is any available update
- If so, continue installing the update and restart your device
For desktop, you can check the internet browser’s version number and enquire if it is the latest version on the software’s official website. In case there exists a newer version, make sure you have that installed on your PC.
Fix 3: Clear the Data and Cache of YouTube App/Internet Browser
If you are having the YouTube 429 issue while playing videos on the YouTube app
- Launch the “Settings” of your device and look for the “Apps” section
- Under “Apps,” search the “Manage Apps” option and tap on it
- You will then come across the list of apps installed, look for ‘YouTube,” and click on it.
- Once done, navigate to the “Storage” option.
- Click on the “Clear Cache” or directly “Clear Data” option.
- Restart your device.
If you are having the YouTube 429 issue while playing videos on your internet browser
- Launch settings and navigate to the Apps section
- Look for the browser you use and tap on its storage option
- Continue with clearing the data and cache
- Once done, restart your device
These are the top fixes for resolving the YouTube error code  conveniently. If the error continues to bother, we recommend you apply the fixes and wait for a few minutes before starting using the services again.