Are you a fan of FIFA 22, but it keeps glitching when you try to play it on your device? Does the game stutter, crash, or freeze on your Windows PC or gaming console? Don’t fret; this guide will explain why you face the issue and fix it with easy troubleshooting steps.
With FIFA 22 new Hypermotion technology, AI improvements, gameplay enhancements, and player interaction, the game is a treat to play. The 29th installment of the FIFA game series supports multiple platforms such as Xbox, PlayStation, and Windows 10/11 PC.
However, many players report that FIFA 22 crashes, glitches, stutters, or freezes mid-game or launch. FIFA’s earlier installments have had the same issues, but the problems have escalated in the 22nd edition of the game.
Why does my FIFA 22 keep crashing?
If FIFA 22 keeps glitching, crashing, or stuttering, it could be due to any of the following reasons.
- FIFA 22 game files are corrupt and need a fresh install.
- Graphics card settings are misconfigured to play FIFA 22.
- Your graphic card either doesn’t support the game or the GPU driver is outdated.
- You are playing FIFA 22 with incorrect refresh rate settings.
- Your internet connection is malfunctioning.
- Direct X settings are misconfigured on your device.
- Your device does not have the latest software version.
How do I fix FIFA 22?
If FIFA 22 keeps glitching while you play it on your PC, do the following troubleshooting steps to fix the issue.
Update graphics card drivers
FIFA 22 glitching sometimes indicates a problem with your graphics card driver being corrupted or outdated. Graphics card manufacturers regularly update their device drivers. Therefore make sure that the latest drivers are installed on your PC.
Switch Stadium to Silver FUT stadium
FIFA 22 often glitches due to an issue with the stadium where you play your match. Quite a few users could fix the issue by switching the stadium to Silver FUT stadium.
Change Direct X on FIFA 22
Changing the Direct X settings can fix the FIFA 22 glitching issue. To do this:
- Press Windows logo + E key on your keyboard to launch File Explorer.
- Next, go to the Document folder and open the FIFA 22 folder.
- Now right-click on the fifasetup.ini file and open it with Notepad.
- Find “DIRECTX_SELECT = 0” text and replace 0 with 1.
- Finally, save the changes on the Notepad and test if FIFA 22 runs without glitching anymore.
Configure FPS settings
You can limit the refresh rate in the following way to resolve FIFA 22 glitching problem.
- Click the Start button on your Windows 10 or 11 and navigate to the Settings app.
- Now head towards System and choose the Display option.
- Next, click on Advanced display and select the “Choose a refresh rate” option.
- Finally, limit the FPS to the 60 value and see if this fixes the issue.
How do you turn off Vsync on FIFA 22?
You can turn off the Vertical Sync option under NVIDIA or AMD control panel to fix FIFA 22 glitching, freezing, or crashing issues. To do this:
- Launch NVIDIA Control panel or AMD Settings on your Windows 10 or 11 PC.
- Under NVIDIA Control Panel, navigate to Manage 3D Settings and click Vertical Sync to turn it off.
- If you are using an AMD graphics card, select Gaming under Settings.
- Now select the Vertical Refresh option and turn it off.
Why does my FIFA 22 keep freezing Xbox one?
Update game and console software
Updating the console or the game is a highly recommended option to fix various issues with FIFA 22 game. To do so:
- Navigate to the Xbox console Settings menu.
- Now select the System option and choose Updates and Downloads.
- Next, select Update Console and make sure that both “Keep my console up to date” and “Keep my games and apps up to date” option boxes are checked.
- Finally, reboot the console to apply the changes automatically and look for updates.
Clear game cache
Sometimes, the Xbox One collects a lot of cache data through its installed games, resulting in several issues during game launching or gameplay. Therefore, it’s better to get rid of the cache and refresh the console. To do this:
- Turn off the Xbox One gaming console and unplug the power cable at the mains.
- Wait for 5-10 minutes before plugging the power cables into the power source.
- The Xbox cache is now cleared, and you can switch on the Xbox console now.
Why does my FIFA 22 keep glitching PS4?
If FIFA 22 is glitching your PS4 or PS5, try restarting your router or console. Next, troubleshoot the internet connection issue and update the console software. If the issuer persists, do the following troubleshooting steps.
Bring in Global Market players
If FIFA 22 is glitching while you try to find players, it’s better to choose the worldwide market instead. A few users realized that including global market players solved the issue. So, you can try this out yourself and see if this fix works for you or not.
Choose the English language
This solution may sound weird, but if you don’t use English as your commentary language on PlayStation, FIFA 22 can cause some problems. However, you don’t have to use the English language all the way. Just choose the language while reloading the game and see if this fixes the issue. Afterward, revert to your original language.
If all else fails, we recommend that you rebuild your PS4 or PS5 database. However, the process will erase all of your data from the console. Therefore, back up your games before carrying on with the fix.
Hopefully, this guide has helped you fix FIFA 22 glitching issue on Windows PC, Xbox One, PS4, and PS5. If you are a PC user, troubleshoot your broadband connection and ensure that your System meets the minimum requirements to play the game. Steam client users can disable overlay to resolve the glitching issue as well.