EE mobile data not working on your iPhone and Android phone? Are you in the middle of something and can’t connect to the internet anymore? Luckily, this article will guide you on how to get your EE mobile internet connection running again on your mobile device.
Mobile data is an absolute necessity nowadays as you don’t have access to a WIFI connection all the time. EE is one of the largest mobile network providers in the UK and offers 4G and 5G services on iPhone and Android devices.
However, EE subscribers often face an issue when their mobile data won’t work properly on mobile phones. Let’s discuss the common reasons behind this issue before getting into the details on how to fix it.
Why Will My Mobile Data Not Work?
If you are an EE subscriber, you might have noticed that your mobile data fails to work intermittently. There could be several possibilities for this problem such as:
- EE network service outage in your area due to maintenance or technical issues
- You have exhausted the data limit in your EE plan
- EE APN settings are configured incorrectly on your iPhone or Android phone
- Data saver mode is active on your mobile device
- If your handset has dual SIM options, you have not configured to use EE mobile data
- Hardware or software issue with your handset
- Your mobile network settings need to be updated
- You have enabled or misconfigured the Content Lock settings in your EE account
Is EE Internet Down Today?
The first thing you need to fix your EE mobile data issue is to check whether your area is experiencing an internet outage from EE.
You can visit here to view the areas which are affected by the outage. Furthermore, you can view the graph which shows the last 24 hours EE service status. Additionally, the comment section on this page further pinpoints the exact internet outage area by the people who experience mobile data issues.
Therefore, if you see your area in the list, you can contact EE customer support to check when they will fix the problem. If the EE network is up and running in your area, you can try the following fixes in this article.
What Do I Do If My Data Is Not Working?
Don’t know what to do if your mobile data is not working? Do the following steps to fix this issue.
Reboot Your Phone
The first simple fix to fix mobile data issues is to simply reboot your phone. However, you can add a little trick to the reboot process.
- Turn on Airplane mode before rebooting
- Turn off Airplane mode after 30 seconds
- If your mobile data issue is not fixed, turn Airplane mode back on
- Turn off your phone and wait 1 minute
- Turn on your phone and turn off Airplane mode again
- Wait for 3o seconds and turn on mobile data
- Verify that now your mobile data is working
Remove and Reinsert Your SIM Card
Another simple fix for mobile data not working issue is to simply power off your mobile phone, remove the SIM card and reinsert it in the slot. Most of the time, your mobile data should work again after this fix. Otherwise, you can also check if the issue is only with the specific SIM by inserting another SIM card on the same slot.
If your mobile data is working after changing the SIM Card, contact your mobile network provider customer support to issue a new SIM card to you.
Check Mobile Data Limit
Every Android phone lets you set down your own mobile data limits and warnings for when you are about to reach a limit. Maybe you have upgraded your tariff and set a limit previously on your mobile phone that does not match your current mobile data limit accordingly. To check this:
- Go to your phone Settings
- Tap on Mobile Data and then select Data Usage
- Make sure that your data limits are set accordingly
- Alternatively, you can turn off data saver mode to fix the mobile data not working issue
How Fix Mobile Data No Signal?
Mobile data becomes a necessity after you’ve been using an Android phone or an iPhone for a while. Once you lose connectivity, you realize you don’t know how to go anywhere without Google maps or how to communicate with your Whatsapp contacts.
Sometimes, the mobile data shows no signal on your iPhone or Android phone or your mobile data is on but not working properly. In either of those cases, there can be a lot that can go wrong. The following fixes describe how you can fix these issues on your iPhone and Android phone.
EE Mobile Data Not Working On iPhone
If you own an iPhone and have trouble with your EE mobile data connectivity, you can do the following simple steps to fix the problem.
Disable Content Lock
If your EE package comes with the Content Lock option, it can result in your EE mobile data not working for some websites and apps. Content Lock is reset On for the new iPhones using EE SIM cards. To disable the Content Lock feature:
- Log in to your EE account
- Go to the Content Lock Settings and choose Moderate
- Now check if your mobile data is working or not
- If the issue persists, select turn off the Content Lock in the Content Lock settings
Enable The Right Network Mode
During an update or in your iPhone defaults settings, the network mode of your phone is set to one that does not offer optimal coverage. For example, if you have a 4G phone, you should always make sure that 4G is selected in your Network Type. To change and choose the right Network mode:
- Go to your iPhone Settings
- Select Cellular data option
- Tap on Enable 4G
- Tap on Voice and data to change the Network mode
Factory Reset your iPhone
Sometimes, iPhone factory reset fixes many bugs and issues that can cause your EE mobile data to malfunction. The factory reset erases all your settings and data from your iPhone to recover from bugs. To do this:
- Go to your iPhone Settings menu
- Tap on General
- Scroll down and tap on Reset
- Next, select Erase All Content and Settings
- Tap to confirm the Reset process
EE Mobile Data Not Working On Android
Let’s find out the troubleshooting steps to fix the issue of the EE mobile data not working on your Android phone.
Reset Your Phone Network Connection
A simple and powerful fix for EE mobile data not working on your Android phone is to reset the phone’s networking settings to its default settings. To do this:
- Go to your Android phone Settings
- Next, tap on System –> Advanced –> Reset options
- Tap on Reset WIFI, mobile, and Bluetooth and then tap on Reset Settings
Reset Your APNs
Access point names or APNs set your Android phone with all the crucial settings such as IP addresses and gateways to get you connected to the EE mobile data. However, these settings can sometimes get corrupted and require a reset that causes mobile data issues To fix this:
- Go to your Android phone Settings
- Tap on Mobile Data –> Wireless controls –> Wireless Networks
- Tap on Mobile Networks
- Select Access Point Names
- Tap the Menu icon on the top right and select Reset to default
Set APN Protocol to IPv4/IPv6
APN protocol settings do not exist in all Android phones. However, if your smartphone has this option, you can use it to fix your mobile data issues. To set the APN protocol:
- Go to your phone Settings –> Mobile Data –> Wireless Controls –> Wireless Networks –> Mobile Networks
- Select Access Point Names
- Tap on the EE Access point name and select Edit from the top-right menu option
- Select IPv4/IPv6 instead of just IPv4 or IPv6
Some mobile network operators give you the option of leaving the APN protocol field blank. You need to choose the same IPv4/IPv6 protocol in this case as well.
Enter your APN Settings Manually
It is not an uncommon occurrence for your APN settings to get out of order after an Android software update. If a standard phone reset does not fix the problem, your incorrect APN settings won’t let you use your mobile data. Therefore, you may need to enter your APN address manually. To do this:
- Go to phone Settings >Mobile Data > Wireless Controls > Wireless Networks > Mobile Networks
- Select Access point Names and choose EE access point
- Tap the three-dot menu button and tap on Add New APN
Afterwards, enter the following details.
Name: EE Internet
MMS Proxy: 220.127.116.11
MMS Port: 8080
Authentication Type: PAP
APN Type: internet+MMS
WIFI connections are a great way to get online from your mobile device. However, the urge to stay online and to be able to connect with your friends and family anytime or anywhere demands that your mobile data works all the time. Hopefully, this article helped you fix all the EE mobile data not working issues on your iPhone and Android phone.