Are you frustrated and do you keep on asking yourself “why I can’t log into my TikTok account”? There can be a lot of reasons for this issue. This article will let you in on some fixes to get your TikTok account back into your possession.
TikTok is an ever-growing social media app and is popular amongst all age groups. It is very easy to create an account on TikTok, download the app, and get on with the fun by creating short videos and watching videos from others users as well.
However, a lot of users reported that they can’t log in to their TikTok account. We hope to find you a fix for this issue as you are missing a lot of cool stuff on TikTok while not able to log in to the app.
Why Can’t I Log In To My TikTok Account?
If you can’t log in to your TikTok account, it can be due to one of the following reasons.
- You have forgotten your login information or password
- You have done something on the TikTok platform that is against their terms and community guidelines
- Your network connection is slow or TikTok is not detecting your internet connection
- You have deleted your TikTok account recently
- Someone might have hacked your TikTok account
- TikTok app cache is accumulated with junk files and needs to be cleared
- TikTok servers are experiencing an outage
- You may have selected the birthday date during the sign up that is under the authorized age limit to use the TikTok app
How Do I Log Back Into My TikTok Account?
Now that you know the common reasons for the TikTok login issue, let’s explore the fixes for them.
Check your Login Details
Sometimes, you can type the wrong password on your TikTok app as the keypad on your mobile device can play tricks on you. The password on the TikTok app is case sensitive and needs to be put in correctly. Therefore, you can type in your password slowly and carefully and see if you can log in to your account.
Additionally, if you have forgotten your password or username:
- Tap on the Signup option on the app and navigate to the Login tab
- Next, tap on use Phone/Email/Username and then choose Email/Username
- Tap on Forgot Password and choose to reset the password with a link that will be sent to you on your phone or email
Check Account Suspension Issues
TikTok locks and bans those users and their accounts that are under direct or indirect violation of their community guidelines such as:
- Acting as a bot by blindly following users and hitting the like button
- Changing your IP address each time to use the TikTok app
- Posting abusive, offensive, or graphical content that creates a conflict with the TikTok guidelines
When that happens, you won’t be able to log in to your TikTok account and will likely see an error message that your TikTok account is suspended. In this case, you have to contact the TikTok support staff and let them help you get your account back.
Make Your Internet Connection Stable
If you can’t log in to your TikTok account, most of the time, your internet connection is to blame. A slow or malfunctioning mobile data and WIFI connection can interrupt how your mobile device communicates with the TikTok servers. As a result, your login information does not match with the TikTok database and hence, a login error pops up.
Therefore, it is important to use TikTok with a stable network connection to solve numerous TikTok login errors.
Clear TikTok Cache
A lot of times, clearing the TikTok app cache can help fix the login issues. It’s quite a hack for some of the TikTok users. To do this, go to the “Me” section of your profile and tap on the “Clear Cache” which is located under the “Settings and Privacy” option.
How Do I Get My TikTok Account Back?
If you have deleted your TikTok account accidentally or deliberately, it remains under deactivation mode and you can recover it within 30 days. To do this:
- Open the TikTok app on your mobile device and tap on the profile icon
- On the bottom right corner, tap on Login
- Enter your deleted TikTok username, phone, or email ID
- Enter your TikTok password
- A new page will show up, tap on the Cancel Deactivation at the bottom
- Wait for 10 minutes and log in to your TikTok account
It can be very frustrating to find that you can’t log in to your TikTok account. We tried to list all the possible causes and fixes in this guide for you to overcome the log in issue. Remember to check the TikTok servers before performing any fix as it is possible that the TikTok servers may be down and are not letting you log in to your TikTok account.