Learning all of the functions on TikTok can seem time-consuming. However, it can benefit you later down the line. Today we are tackling some of the most asked TikTok questions online. Including can TikTok see your drafts, do drafts disappear and are your drafts public. If you’re wondering the answer to any of these questions or if you’re looking for an easy fix, we’d love to help.
Can TikTok see your drafts?
Despite users concerns that their drafts were being published by the social media giant without permission. This has left a lot of users paranoid about the drafts feature. However, TikTok advises that your drafts cannot be seen until they are live.
Do TikTok drafts disappear?
TikTok also advises that drafts are only stored locally, meaning they are only stored on the device they came from.
By deleting any save data, you will lose your drafts. Due to TikTok only allowing users to edit on one device, if you try to use a second device it will say unavailable. However, if you head back to the device you were using prior you should be able to edit this as normal.
If you notice your TikTok draft has disappeared, it may have been removed for the following reasons:
- TikTok has been uninstalled and then reinstalled, this can remove drafts
- The account has been switched to another device.
If you follow someone on TikTok will they know? Find out more in our post here.
Can the owners of TikTok see your drafts
Although after the controversy of TikTok sharing a draft without consent, the platform has advised, that all drafts are kept private.
TikTok drafts are private to you until they are posted publically. This means they should not be able to be accessed by anyone but you. However, if you’re unhappy with the idea of leaving your drafts on TikTok, you can download them to your phone.
How to make TikTok drafts
If you’re a person who likes to have a backlog of content ready to post, then it’s likely you will have content in your TikTok drafts folder. If you’re unsure how to save content to your drafts, follow the below steps:
- Open TikTok on Andriod or iPhone
- Press the + icon to make a video
- Once you’ve completed your video, tap next
- Then tap on drafts button at the bottom of the screen
Once you’ve saved content, you will need to be able to access this again, so how do you access your drafts folder?
- Open TikTok on your phone
- Tap the me button in the right corner
- Next to your posted content you will see a rectangle with the words ‘Drafts:(insert number here)’ for example Drafts:9
- Then from here you can tap the video you want to edit,upload or delete.
Can I download a TikTok draft?
If you’re an avid user of TikTok, you’ll know there isn’t a direct way to save videos in your drafts folder. Therefore, if you’re looking to do this, you will need to go around this. Follow these 5 steps to easily download a draft:
- Open your TikTok account > me > then click the drafts folder
- You should be able to see all of your current drafts, choose the one you want to save to your phone.
- Once you’ve chosen the one you want, head to privacy and change it to private
- Then post the video (although it will be live, it won’t be public)
- Next, click on the post icon and save it to the device. Then you can quickly delete the draft.
Be sure to turn the settings back to public when you finally upload, else your followers will be unable to see this.
Can I recover my TikTok drafts
If you’re unhappy with content you may be tempted to delete it, so if you do go ahead and delete one of your drafts. However, when you delete a draft, is it really deleted? The TikTok posts are deleted from the TikTok interface, however, you can get them back. If you’re unsure on how to do this please follow these methods for further information.
You may locate your missing video in the device gallery. Simply tap on the drafts button, then search for the video you require. Next gallery > TikTok folder. Be sure that the option for saving TikToks is enabled, else you will be unable to complete this step.
If you’ve liked your video after uploading it, here are the steps to reclaim your video.
Open TikTok on your device and click ‘me’
Next tap on the heart icon to view all of the videos that you have recently liked
Tap on the video you want to recover, it should appear to load and then provide a black screen. Next click the 3 dots in the sidebar on the right, then choose to save the video, then in a few moments, it should download.
We hope you’ve found this guide useful and if you need any further TikTok help, please get in touch.