Call of Duty is the first shooter video game set in the Worl War-II or a futuristic war zone. It offers an impressive visual experience that helps players immerse in the futuristic worlds and outer space scenario. If your Call of Duty keeps glitching there might be some internal issues in the game.
The Modern Warfare series of Call of Duty has a hyper-realistic premise allowing players to enjoy each aspect of the game. Most players choose a single-player story whereas others indulge themselves in multiplayer and special ops settings. The breathtaking graphics can glitch due to various reasons.
If your Call of Duty keeps glitching, you can fix it on your own. Most PC players face glitches as the game is not properly supported. We have compiled a step-by-step guide to help you find the right solution so you enjoy playing it without a hitch.
Why does call of duty cold war keep glitching?
Call of Duty cold war can glitch due to outdated drivers. The new version of the game requires specialized graphic drivers. You can update the driver by using the following methods:
Update the driver manually
If you want to make sure that your driver is properly updated, you can do it manually.
- Open the official website.
- Search for the driver that supports your Windows version.
- Download the driver.
- Install it by following the instructions on the pop-up menu
Turn on automatic graphics driver update
If you don’t have the time to manually update your graphics driver you can do it automatically. Choose a software tool that is suitable for your system. The tool will automatically detect the right driver and download it to your system.
Repair corrupt files
Most of the time corrupt files can cause glitches in Call of Duty. You can scan and repair these corrupted files.
Scanning Files on Steam
If you use “Steam” to play Call of Duty, you can easily scan and repair corrupt files.
- Open “Games Library”
- Right-click on “Call of Duty”
- Click on “Properties”
- Select “Local Files”
- Select “Verify Integrity Of Game FIles”
- Steam will scan the game files.
- It will download the latest version of the files.
Once the download is complete, open Cold War and continue playing.
Scanning Files On Blizzard Battle.net:
If you use Blizzard Battle.net, here is how you can fix corrupted files:
- Search For Cold War.
- Select “Options”
- Click on “Scan And Repair”
It will take a few minutes to scan the files. You can now enjoy a glitch-free Modern Warfare game without worry.
Stop Nvidia v-sync
Call of Duty starts glitching if V-Sync is turned on. However, the Nvidia DLSS setting is used in the Call of Duty Warzone as well. If you experience problems in Modern Warfare, you need to disable the V-Sync. Follow the given steps to fix the V-sync settings:
- Right-click on desktop.
- Scroll down to “NVIDIA Control Panel” in the pop-up menu.
- Open the 3D settings.
- Click on “Manage 3D settings”
- Click on “Program Settings”
- Add “Call of Duty: Cold War” in the program settings.
- You will see a list of settings.
- Click on “Vertical sync”
- Select the “Off” option
- Click “Apply” to save the settings.
Why does modern warfare keep glitching?
Modern warfare can start glitching due to various reasons. If you are facing continuous glitches, there might be errors in the drivers or texture quality. Playing Call of Duty on a PC can lead to multiple errors as the hardware does not support the high-end graphics of Call of Duty.
Running multiple applications
When you play COD without shutting down background applications, it starts to glitch. Make sure you have taken the following measures before playing Modern Warfare.
- Press “Ctrl + Shift + Esc” to turn off all the apps running in the background.
- Turn off your antivirus as it may identify the game as a threat.
Play the game to see if it works without glitches. If not, try the next solution.
Outdated graphics driver
When your graphic driver is outdated, it can cause problems in the Call of duty: Modern warfare. You can update your drivers manually or do it automatically by using a tool. You can also check Windows for updates on your driver. Follow the given steps to check for updates on your device:
- Clin on the “Start” button on your desktop.
- Open the search box.
- Type “Check for updates”
- Select “Check for updates” from the results.
- Download the available updates.
Open “Call of Duty” to see if it works properly. If the problem persists, you can try the next solution.
Adjust texture quality settings
Most players use a low texture quality on their consoles and devices. If Call of Duty does not run at the proper texture, it can start glitching. If you see an “error code Dev Error 6178”, it means that your texture settings are too low.
Here is how you can change the texture settings on your PC:
- Go to “Options”
- Scroll down to “Game Settings”
- Select “Graphics”
- Click on the “Details & Texture” slab
- Change the Texture Resolution settings to “Normal” or “High”
- Turn off “Sync Every Frame (V-Sync) to achieve better results
Open the Modern Warfare game to see if it works properly.
Most players overclock their CPU to improve their experience on Call of Duty. However, overclocking can create pressure on the modem or cause overheating. If Call of Duty keeps glitching change the settings to “Default”. It will fix the glitch in the game and you can enjoy playing COD.
Set call of duty on a high priority
You can reduce the number of glitches by changing the priority settings of Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare. Follow the given steps to fix the problem:
- Open the game
- Open task manager by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
- Select “Details” in the open tab.
- Look for “Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.exe”
- Right-click on “Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.exe”
- Click on “Priority”.
- Change the settings to “High”
- Click on “Change Priority” to save the settings.
Call of Duty offers amazing graphics and gaming experiences. We have provided various solutions to fix the glitches in COD. Make sure you follow all the instructions step by step. If the game works properly, you can enjoy it with your friends. If not you can contact the official support page according to the version you are using.