Imagine you’ve just sat down to watch your favorite show but instantly run into an Amazon Prime sound delay. We can’t imagine anything more annoying. If this sounds like something youre going through, don’t worry! Keep reading to find ways to resolve this issue.
Amazon Prime is a video streaming platform owned by the e-commerce giant, Amazon. Much like Netflix or Hulu, the streaming platform allows you access to a large library of TV shows, movies, docuseries, and much more. All you need to do is sign up to this platform and have a plethora of content at your fingertips.
While this is an incredible service and is loved by many, Amazon Prime users have seen their fair share of bugs. Before we move on to the ways you can fix this error, let’s talk about why youre experiencing this Amazon Prime sound delay.
Why is my Amazon Prime audio out of sync?
There could be a couple of reasons why youre experiencing an Amazon Prime sound delay. You may experience audio issues in the form of delay/lagging, video subtitles being out of sync, or lip-sync errors when streaming your videos.
These audio errors could be attributed to four of the following:
- Improper frame matching settings if your smart TV (Apple/ Roku/ Fire TV/ etc)
- Your software hasn’t been updated
- Fast-forwarding, pausing, or rewinding your video can cause a discrepancy in the video and audio
- Connectivity issues on the part of yoru streaming device. This includes your soundbar, speaker, and external audio receiver.
How do I fix the Amazon Prime audio delay?
Solution 1: Disable Frame Rate Matching in Smart TV
- Press the Home button on your smart TV’s remote
- Open Settings
- Select the Video and Audio option
- Select Match Content
- Turn off your Match Frame Rate
- Relaunch the Prime Video app and then check if this Amazon Prime sound delay is resolved.
Solution 2: Check Your HMDI Cable
Since your streaming service is connected to your smart TV through an HDMI cable, it makes sense to check this. If it’s damaged, it could account for the low-quality audio you may be experiencing.
Step 1: Unplug yoru HDMI cable that connects the smart TV to your streaming device.
Step 2: Next, ensure that the cable isn’t damaged in any way. Do this by connecting to other streaming services such as Netflix. Check if the same issues persist.
Step 3: Replace the HDMI if it’s damaged
Step 4: Check to see if the issue is resolved.
Solution 3: Check Your Audio System
If the first two solutions don’t help, you can also check your audio system. Follow the steps below:
Step 1: If you are using an external audio system such as speakers, then you may want to check your external audio system.
Step 2: Try connecting your audio system to another device to see if there’s a delay.
Solution 4: Perform a Power Cycle
A power cycle is also known as rebooting or restarting your device. This has been known to remedy many existing issues with a smart TV, including audio lagging.
- Power off all your devices including your smart TV and the streaming device.
- Unplug the device from your TV
- Unplug the power adapter from the power outlet and leave it as is for a couple of minutes
- Plug back in all the cables and then reboot the device
- Log back into your Prime Video app and check to see if the issue persists.
Solution 5: Clear App Cache on your Smart TV
Regularly clearing out app caches is good practice, not only when it comes to a smart TV but also every other device you own. While the foremost benefits of this include increased speed ad protection from malware, you may also experience an improvement in these bugs.
Here’s how you clear caches on your smart TV:
- Press the home button on your smart TV’s remote
- Select Apps
- Go to the System app and then choose the app whose cache you want to clear.
- Select “Clear Cache” and then press Ok to confirm.
Solution 6: Factory Reset Your Smart TV
If none of the other solutions work for you, it might be time to resort to a factory reset. This could fix multiple issues, including your Amazon Prime sound delay. However, keep in mind that by doing this, you will be permanently erasing your data and downloading video content from the device. This is why this should be an absolute last resort.
Here is how you can conduct a factory reset on your smart TV:
- Press down on the Home button on the smart TV’s remote.
- Navigate top Steeings and then go to System.
- Next, click on Advanced System Settings
- Click on the Factory Reset option and
- Select Factory Reset everything
Follow the on-screen instructions to factory reset your device fully.
How do I change Audio Settings on Amazon Prime?
In order to change your audio settings on Amazon Prime Video, open the app and stream the video you want to stream. On the top section, select the Audio Languages setting and select the language you prefer to watch in.
We hope that you found this guide to be helpful in understanding why this Amazon Prime sound delay occurs and how to fix it. We recommend starting from basics like checking your HDMI cable for any damage or disabling the frame rate match on your smart TV. If your problem still persists, we recommend getting in touch with the Amazon Prime customer support center for more assistance.
If you’re running into other issues such as an Amazon Prime Black Screen issue, then check out our website for more related guides.