Are you stuck with an Age of Empires 4 error and can’t seem to get rid of it? Don’t worry, in this guide, we’ll explain what the common errors in the newly launched fourth edition of the Age of Empire series are and what troubleshooting steps you can utilize to fix these errors.
After waiting for years, Relic entertainment in partnership with World’s Edge finally released the latest edition of Age of Empires. Set in the middle ages, the fourth edition inherited its game mechanics from the second installment of Age of Empires. The latest reviews attest to the fact that the fans are in love with the game.
However, we are seeing a lot of PC users complaining in different forums about different Age of Empires 4 errors and glitches. We’ll discuss each of the common errors and provide you with several workarounds for them. So, let’s get on with it.
How do you fix the Xbox app not installing?
Quite a few Age of Empires 4 users are reporting that they are unable to install the game from an Xbox game pass. As the game is available on Steam and Windows Xbox app, it is causing a lot of strain on Xbox game pass servers.
Therefore, if you are one of those users who are experiencing the issue, reboot the Xbox game pass app and reinitialize the downloading process. This fix will most likely work for you.
However, if the game still does not install, you’ll have to wait for a few minutes or try downloading the game early morning when there is less load on the servers.
Sometimes, users also face an issue where they can not connect to their Xbox Live account to download AOE4. Most probably, they’ll see an error message that explains the situation. We found that the following quick fixes helped many users regarding this particular issue.
- Disable the antivirus and firewall settings and relaunch the game
- Uninstall and reinstall Age of Empires 4
- Clear the browser cache that you are using to access the Xbox Live account
- Set the correct date and time on your PC
- Launch Xbox network settings and run the troubleshooter
How to fix Age of Empires crashing?
There have been a lot of complaints about Age of Empires 4 crashing on its initial launch. This is one of the most common issues that game users are experiencing. The following fixes for crashing issues are offered by game users in different forums and groups. We believe that one of them might work for you.
- Update your graphic card driver to the latest and game ready driver
- Add Age of Empires 4 to your antivirus whitelist
- Reinstall a clean copy of Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable
- Verify the integrity of the Age of Empires 4 game files on steam
- Launch the game directly rather than the Steam client app
- Change your integrated graphic card to a dedicated GPU
- Use the Repair option in Windows Xbox game
- Close all background processes before launching Age of Empires 4 to ease up on PC resources
- Install the latest Windows update and reboot the PC
Can I fix the Age of Empires 4 camera panning error?
- Launch a single-player match and go to Settings
- Next, navigate to Controls and select “View and Re-Map Controls”
- Right-click on the option to remove all camera controls
- Now head to the common keys section and assign the correct WASD keys for camera controls
How to fix the Age of Empires 4 connection lost error?
Age of Empire 4 connection error C00T01R-2x-01 is another common error that is puzzling gamers all around the world. To fix this error, try the following troubleshooting steps.
- Update Age of Empires 4 to its latest version by going to the Steam –> library –> Properties –>Updates and choosing the “Always Keep This Game Updated” option
- Turn antivirus and Windows real-time to off under the “Windows security” feature in Windows “Update & Security” option
- Uninstall the game from the Steam Client app and reinstall it
- Adjust “Privacy Setting” to medium under the browser’s Security option
- Under Windows “Time and Language” options, enable the “Set Time Automatically” feature to On
Ages of Empire 4 string not found error – How to fix?
Some players are getting a “String not found” error in menus, on title screens, and other places in the Age of Empires 4 game. Fortunately, there is a workaround and almost every user got rid of the error by doing the following troubleshooting method.
To fix the error on Steam:
- Navigate to the Steam client library
- Locate Age of Empires 4 and right-click on it to access its Properties
- Next, go to the Language section
- Finally, select the English language from the list
- The steam client may download the English language files before you can play
If you have the game on the Xbox app, do the following steps.
- Close the Xbox app if it is already opened
- Now launch Windows Settings
- Under “Time and Language”, click on Language
- Under the “Windows Display Language” option, select the English language (United States version)
- If your Windows version is missing the English language pack, add it under the “Preferred language” option
- If the English language is already showing in the “Preferred language” option”, move it to the top of the list and your game language will change to English
Now, the English language will be set as the default language for all the apps in the Windows Store including the Age of Empires 4 game. Next, reboot your PC and launch the game through the Steam client or Xbox app. Hopefully, you won’t be bothered by the “String not found” error again while playing the Age of Empires 4 game.
Fans all around the world are excited for the latest edition of the Age of Empires game. However, some errors are leaving the users scratching their heads and looking for solutions. We hope that this guide helped you troubleshoot the most common errors associated with the game.